Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fly free Noel :(

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Tigerneko, May 6, 2010.

1. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I came home from college today to find my poor little budgie had died :(

He came to me on New Years Eve 2008, where he'd been in the pet shop. He was being horribly bullied by the other birds in the cage, and nobody cared. I went home and told my mum about it and she said I could go straight back and get him, so I went back and picked him out of the cage. Even the pet shop lady was mean about him, "What do you want that old thing for?" she said to me, but I couldn't just leave him there to get attacked by the other birds, he was coming home with me no matter how old or scruffy he was.

He was never a 'happy' bird and preferred just to sit on his perch and keep himself to himself. He wasn't the most fascinating bird in the world but I loved his grumpy personality and I will miss him a lot.

[​IMG]

Fly free Noel x

2. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Well thankyou for your heartfelt replies :( :rolleyes:

3. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

aww sorry mate I never saw this before :( your post nearly bought me to tears the compassion you had for him is so lovely :) xx RIP Noel xx

4. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Thankyou :eek:

Was just the only thread on the page with no replies, he might not have been a cat or a dog but he was just as special to me as any other animal :)

5. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

They are all special :) my rats may be vermin to some people but to me they are lil personalitys. :eek: And lil Noel may have been a grump but he would have been so grateful to you xx

6. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

So sorry for your loss. He had a lovely life with you and he must have known that you had saved him from the pet shop where he was constantly bullied.

No matter how big or small our pets are, they are family. They all have needs and all have different ways.
    When they go of to the bridge we really miss them.

I hope the memories of Noel will soon replace the sadness you have right now.

The picture of Noel is lovely.

R.I.P.Noel and fly freely to rainbow bridge xx

7. louloukk

louloukk PetForums Junior

Aww poor little soul RIP xxx

8. WENDY517

WENDY517 PetForums Member

dear verbatim
    sorry to hear of dear noel passing away
    its a sad thing when you just begin to grew closer to such a lovely creature
    i have many and had lost most, so i know what its like
    i hope he did not suffer to long, yes i agree some pet shops are,nt that nice to pets, but i had felt sorry for most.
    memories will live foever in our hearts.
    I had a colbalt blue budgie, she was born in the spring of 1976 she died november 22 1990 some may live a long time and she did go through a siberian winter, I hope that noel will be singing his little song in heaven
    because that was a very special name he had.
    fly free little angel and sing your song merrily in heaven
    love to noel xxx

9. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Thankyou :) that was a lovely reply, and your budgie lived a really long life, ive never heard of one live so long! Noel was only 3 i think, part of his ID ring said 07 so i assume that was the year he was born! he was never 'right' since the day i got him so i didnt expect him to live very long anyway, he was actually around much longer than i thought, i thought he was on his last legs when i first brought him home but he gave me another 2 years :)

10. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

Hi.....

I am so sorry to hear about the sad loss of Noel. You should be proud that you rescued the poor little bird from that horrible shop, I don't know how shops can just sit back and see animals bullied and do nothing about it. You are right about his ring too, the numbers would of been his breeders number and then 07 was the year he was born. R.I.P Noel......

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

RIP Noel :(

So sorry for your loss hun no matter how grumpy and unfascinating he was xx

12. WENDY517

WENDY517 PetForums Member

Dear verbatim
    yes here is a photo of my bird she was the budgie we had all them yrs no matter how the long or how short they live there span of life, they just mean so much to us
    she was very old and had her 1st stroke when she was 11 yrs old , we thought we lost her then.
    years went by i said I never have another, cant replace her ever, but there was blue bell came along the blue budgie identical to the one id lost, the buttercup he was a special breed of a canarie x budgie, he was born with a birth defect but he live 6 yrs being a male,
    then hazel she came down fron a string of pearls, she was hazel grey she live 11yrs same as bluebell, they came beautiful twinkletoes her sleek slender body gave her the name with her gold ring she had on her foot, holly her sister,she was many green they both lived 12 yrs and shortly died withing a space of 6 wk, jenny the wild green original bugdie, jelly bean the 5 wk old chick i had too, tulip the yellow faced budgie ,and snowflake who only lived three yrs, due to her breed, i had quite an history and still have many left,
    animal do walk in and out our life, they was a string in our memories to what life had carried us through the yrs, most birds mostly live 3yrs onwards because of there breed so i due believe that noel is free now in some place in heaven, im sure he had someone who cared for him to live out his later days on this earth.
    love to noel xxx
    our bird lived from spring 1976 to 22nd november 1990
    the photo is quite old

Attached Files:

#12 WENDY517, May 20, 2010
    Last edited: May 20, 2010
  13. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

14. metame

metame PetForums VIP

RIP Noel.

glad he had a 'happy' couple of years with you

*hugs*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice