Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

fluffy bottom!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by chocdonuty, Sep 11, 2013.

1. chocdonuty

chocdonuty PetForums Junior

Last night eddie went for his last poop of the day but when I went to scoop it I found him furiously washing his bits, I looked closer and found several large clingons :eek: . I think he must have sat in it before burying :confused: anyway I got him sorted and off to bed.I don't want It to happen again, especially if Im out, saw him scooting across the floor to try and dislodge some so could get very messy!
    I gave him a little trim this morning whilst he was eating brekkie but is there a easy or better way to do it? He was ok, bit puzzled perhaps lol :D
    Btw he's 6 months old and semi long haired i think, always owned short haired moggys so not sure.

2. rose

rose PetForums VIP

Not a lot you can do about it Im afraid. Just check him. My birman gets a lot of little black slugs caught in his furry underbelly from the wet grass. They end up in a sort of cocoon like a spiders web. Uurgh!

3. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

Keeping his fur trimmed in the area is probably the best you can do. If you aren't sure on how best to do it you could go to a groomer to get them to show you how and with what. Not a problem with my cats (ultra-short fur!) but I have a friend who is a dog groomer I'd ask if necessary.

4. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

I could not bear to ruin the fluffy pantaloons of my gang! Getting the diet right minimises the issue, and I deal swiftly with the very occasional persistent cling-on with a 'manual removal ' Yup, just pick it off and chuck it in loo!!!

5. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Agree with PP's if diet is okay and poo is firm there shouldn't be a problem.Meeko has a fine set of fur drawers and rarely has an issue..........probably just sh*t in my own nest now ,so to speak :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice