Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Florie Bell Pups

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Lou G, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Lou G

Lou G PetForums Newbie

Hello, has anyone bought a puppy/dog from Florie Bell Pups in the Warrington area?

#1 Lou G, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  2. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Commander of a tiny, furry army
    Staff Member

No, & after Googling I wouldn't advise anyone buy from them- they have all the signs of being a puppy farm- licenced (meaning they will breed at least 4 litters a year & probably a lot more), breeding several different breeds & fashionable crossbreeds, no mention of health testing except that one stud dog has some but not all tests recommended for the breed, no information whatsoever on the bitches, lots of cute puppy pictures on their homepage to draw people in.

StormyThai and Lurcherlad like this.
  3. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

They seem to be breeding a heck of a lot of pups and most of them Crossbreeds that command a high price.

Looks very much like a puppy farming setup to me.

I wouldn't buy from them.

simplysardonic and Lou G like this.
  4. Lou G

Lou G PetForums Newbie

Thank you for replying

5. SingingWhippet

SingingWhippet PetForums VIP

No personal experience but I can you I wouldn't touch them with someone else's barge pole.

They've done only the most minimal (read: cheapest but looks conscientious) health testing on their CKCS stud but there's no MRI for CM/SM, no eye testing

He's sired over thirty CKCS litters in the last three years alone (and no doubt plenty more crossbreed ones as well) and all the CKCS bitches he's been used on have little or no health testing in place at all.

He was first used at stud before he was even a year old and some of the bitches were first used when they were less then two years old meaning they're clearly not following the recommended protocols for avoiding MVD.

It's essentially a small scale (they're licensed to keep seven breeding bitches) puppy farm, churning out litters without much consideration given to health despite the breeds they're using being prone to some devastating conditions.

simplysardonic and Lou G like this.
  6. Lou G

Lou G PetForums Newbie

Thank you

7. Lou G

Lou G PetForums Newbie

Thank you

8. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Perhaps if you say what sort of dog you are looking for, someone might be able to advise you on what sort of things to look for and what to avoid?

9. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

There will be lots of Xmas pups in rescue in the next few weeks. :(

10. SpicyBulldog

SpicyBulldog PetForums Senior

What! I just don't understand people :(:mad:

11. susieg999

susieg999 PetForums Newbie

Do not even think about getting a dog from here. I found out the hard way! My beautiful little dog died in May this year aged 4. At 12 weeks of age he had a bowel problem that need operating on. They dicovered that he had C difficile, compala bacta and various other gut problems that the vet said he must have contracted the infections at a very young age. A few months later he had difficulties walking and kept yelping. Further investigations proved that he had Syringomyelia. This is a congenital condition that the parents should have been tested for and definatly not used to breed. After two spinal surgeries we had to let him go. I now have three very sad children who have watched their lovely furbaby suffer and eventually die. We are all devestated.

12. bunnygeek

bunnygeek PetForums Junior

This is awful, so sorry you lost your pup

If you have evidence from your vets that his problems were the result of poor breeding, report the breeders to trading standards.

13. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

Of course, any conscientious Breeder would test for this condition prior to breeding but, sadly, health tests are not a legal requirement.

Really, anyone buying a Cavalier or Cavalier Cross pup should ask the Breeder for evidence that the parents have been tested.

Very much a case of Buyer Beware.

fluffybunny2001 likes this.
  14. SpicyBulldog

SpicyBulldog PetForums Senior

Breeders need to really consider the future of this breed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice