Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Flooring for kitchen and hall

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Claire Bostock, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Claire Bostock

Claire Bostock PetForums Newbie

I have two large lab crossbreed and one has already at aged 3 had a cruciate ligament operation and a fractured tibia they literally throw themselves around and although the best behaved dogs seem to lack any caution when it comes to their bodies. I’m struggling to find a suitable none slip flooring suitable for a kitchen many forums say that natural stone or wood is okay but I’ve known both of mine to slip on these surfaces. My lab poodle cross walks on his tippy toes more than the other and is prone to slip. I’ve thought about a sisal anywhere carpet but can’t find anyone who has used it with dogs. Any suggestions please?

2. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Ive not used sisal . It looks like it hasa good grip .
    Would an ordinary kitchen carpet be any good ? You can get them from carpetright. Perhaps not practical but they are replaceable.

3dogs2cats likes this.
  3. NFC slave

NFC slave PetForums Senior

If you use carpet tiles they can be lifted individually for cleaning and the odd one can be replaced if necessary. Sometimes you can buy second hand industrial carpet tiles cheaply which are pretty good value and hard wearing

Burrowzig likes this.
  4. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

5. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Good old lino is my favourite.

It’s the only thing I’ve found that isn’t slippery and it’s easy to keep clean.

You can get good quality, thick ones with either realistic wood or tile patterns.

There is also special kitchen carpet called Floatex.

6. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Lol i remember Flotex!! Like waterproof carpet tiles - don't they use them in nursing homes still?

That would be ideal if you can still get it.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice