Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Flipping idiot.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Freyja, May 4, 2010.

1. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I've just taken the twins out for a walk on their extending leads. We go every night just across the road. There used to be an old Michelin factory across from our house.It was demolished some years ago and houses have been built at one end and warehouses at the other. They have opened a walkway up that runs around the whole area of warehouses and is popular with local dog walkers. There is a latge grass area were the kids play football.

The tiwns and I started along the path they were having a crazy time running around but they know the limits of their leads and tend to run in circles round me. First we met and man with a lab also on an extendy he reeled it in as I did with the twins. The path comes out on a road and we walked round the roads until we met the other end of the path. The leads were locked short whilst on the roads.

On the other end of the path we met a westie again both the owner and I reeled the dogs back and past without the dogs so much as looking at each other.

At the top of the path back to were our walk started there was another man this time with the bigest, fattest ridgeback you have ever seen. It is off its lead. The man made no attempt to reacall the dog. As it was male I thought it would target Simba as he was starring at the twins but no it ran round us came back behind us and made for Amber. I had reeled them in but only had my thumb on the lock I released the lock and Amber spun round just as the fat thing jumped.

If she hadn't have been as quick and nimble as she is it would have landed straight on her back and done some serious injury.

When we first croseed the road to start the walk I stopped to say hello to an elderly neighbour and his old dog. He calls Amber 'Fairy Dancer ' and says she dances around like a fairy. All I can say is its a good thing she does or else she may now be at the emergency vets.

Fortunately she's such a cocky little madam its not bothered her at all. God know what Simba would have been like if it had of been him it picked on.

2. tafwoc

tafwoc PetForums VIP

OMG hun, im glad everything turned out ok. Did the guy apologise? I bloody hope so! Why are people such idiots. I'm glad both the twins are ok though.

3. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

It's such a shame when a good walk gets spoiled. Glad she's okay. Xx

4. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

No he didn't he didn't apologise he just walked of after the dog. I got Amber back under control and turned to ee what he was doing . He had caught the dog and was patting it. He was probably praising it for coming to him but I did wander if he was patting it for jumping at Amber.

Fortunately my whippets are all used to big bouncy dogs as they have all grown up with William and now live with Button and Zoe. Not that the greyhounds bounce much but Zoe definitely does. It was just the shear size and weight of this dog if it had landed on her. She's not the biggest of bitches at the best of times.

If I'd have had Amber's mother out and it had been her it picked on she would of turned round and given it a piece of her mind as she's a bossy madam.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice