Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Flesh rings

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by witchyone, Oct 8, 2013.

1. witchyone

witchyone PetForums VIP

Or flesh tunnels or whatever they are called. It seems to be another thing the yoof of today like doing. Piercing their ears and stretching the lobe to the max. I saw a young lad the other day with ear lobes stretched so far, from a distance I thought he had a couple of dinner plates hanging from his head ;)

Each to their own I suppose but I am happy just to have normal pierced ears.

2. tinktinktinkerbell

Not something I'm really into

But I think if it's not taken too far it can look good

3. witchyone

witchyone PetForums VIP

Small one are ok if that's what floats your boat, but I swear you could have put your fist through the ones I saw on that young lad. Must be a bit uncomfortable to sleep at night with them in.

4. Valanita

Valanita PetForums VIP

Certain African tribes have been doing that for centuries.
    The Wildest Kingdom
    And not just ears either.

5. ellenlouisepascoe

ellenlouisepascoe PetForums VIP

I used to have mine done when I was in my teens / early twenties. I got them up to 30mm and then decided I no longer wanted them and removed. My ears haven't 100% went back to normal but they aren't flapping around everywhere, the hole left is a little bigger than a normal piercing so I can't wear studs or they fall through. I'm 26 now and took them out when I was bout 22 :)

The name for them is flesh tunnels or just tunnels by the way :D

#5 ellenlouisepascoe, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  6. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

dumb question I'm sure but whats a yoof? :confused: (hopefully i'm not turning into a spelling nazi and it was purpose spelling, if not sorry :eek:

I'm not too keen on gauges, I saw an old man in town the other day with really saggy ears from having big gauges in them. I don't like being able to see through their ears, the small ones are alright and I know a girl who wore some and they really suited her style but those huge ones make me cringe.

7. Mr Gizmo

Mr Gizmo Body of a Buddah.

Abreviation for youth.

8. redroses2106

redroses2106 PetForums VIP

I thought this was going to be a post about flesh lights or whatever they are called :yikes:

I used to know a boy who had one that you could fit your hand through, was HUGE, not my cup of tea but each to their own, I also drunkenly helped stretch someone's ear once and ripped it :eek:

9. fierceabby

fierceabby PetForums VIP

Ha ha!! I'm glad it's not just me then - so did I!!!! :eek:

But, anyway, gauges/tunnels are not my idea of a dream come true but each to their own and all that. I think about them in a similar way I do tattoos; 'it's up to you, but you *may* regret that decision when you are older'.

10. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

I thought it was going to be some sort of living wedding ring for some reason :eek:

I don't mind tunnels on other people, I have friends with them, not something I'd have myself as I'm too chicken to even have my ears pierced.

11. Bloodraine5252

Bloodraine5252 PetForums Senior

I have one but its only 6mm. I want 8mm but I'm such a wimp I refuse to make the jump because my previous jumps have only been a mm at a time and the only 7mm ones are really expensive :(

I'll get my other ear done at some point too. I don't like anything more than 10mm. Especially the big ones when the skin is just hanging by a thread. And if you stretch to 10mm and take them out, the ear will go back to normal, anything above and it always looks stretched a bit.

Moving to 1mm from a normal earring hurt more than my tattoos, it made me cry!

12. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

Should not have just googled fleshlights :nonod:

Tunnels are weird, I'm way more into piercings than I am tattoos and I've gone for some weird piercings in the past, but wouldn't go as far as to want big holes in my ears. All the prettiest earrings are for normal piercings anyway :)

#12 bearcub, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  13. Mulish

Mulish Just a Little Penguin

One of our grocery delivery drivers has them and the first time my 7 year old son saw them he asked, "Why've you got Hula Hoops in your ears?"

Blokey laughed and then went on to explain how it's done and why he liked it, which was lovely but always a mistake with my son because then he got the third degree on all his tatts!

It's not something I'd do, and I have mutiple holes in my ears, but if someone else likes it, it doesn't bother me. Although I'm often struck with the impulse to try and stick a pencil through them :eek:

14. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

Yep really dumb question :eek: if only I'd have read it out loud, I was reading it as woof but with a Y, didn't make the connection in my head :blush:

15. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

Aww kids do come out with the cutest things sometimes.

Nice of the bloke to explain.

It's not something I'd have and I have not seen anything like it apart from looking at photos of old African tribes.
    I'll probably regret asking but how on earth do they do it? (Stretch the ear I mean?)

16. Mulish

Mulish Just a Little Penguin

Here you go, a step by step guide in case you fancy having a go ;)

How to Stretch an Ear Lobe Piercing: 9 Steps (with Pictures)

17. pogo

pogo PetForums VIP

Well i have 6 flesh tunnels in my ears because i want to, but i have a hell of a lot of piercings which are a lot weirder :D

my largest tunnels are 14mm one in each ear :)

18. lostbear

lostbear Bear right at Newcastle . . .

I think they're biddy awful - look really disgusting!

19. lostbear

lostbear Bear right at Newcastle . . .

Yeuch - sorry - I don't mean to be offensive, but some things just make my tummy button go all funny, and 'flesh tunnels' are among them.

But each to his/her own.:cornut:

20. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

did they hurt? I really want mine doing but I heard stretching them is agony :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice