Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

fleece bedding

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by alyssa_liss, May 10, 2010.

1. alyssa_liss

alyssa_liss PetForums VIP

did i read somewhere that you can use fleece instead of woodshavings for hamsters degus mice etc....

2. Flissy

Flissy PetForums VIP

I think some people use it for their rats, I only have hamsters but I wouldn't use fleece as 1. they would chew it to death and 2. they like digging around in the cardboard bedding I use for them and I also scatter food round so they have to dig for it :)

3. CreativeLC

CreativeLC PetForums VIP

I use it for my guinea pigs but its not really suitable for hamsters as said above they would chew it until there was nothing left.

4. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

I use it for my rats, and i change it often, they do get holes in it but they just tunnel under it lol. And its cheap and smells less. :)

5. alyssa_liss

alyssa_liss PetForums VIP

thanks for the repliys

6. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I use it for the rats and sometimes for the mice, never tried the hamsters with it though.

7. chrissielk

chrissielk PetForums Member

i tried it with my guinea pigs but didn't get on with it.found it needed changing every day:frown: so was always washing as got 6 cages and each one took two fleeces and towels so was always washing with 24 sheets a day.

it was easier to clean and did like not having the mess of sawdust.think it works better with just one cage.:lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice