Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fleas???

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by May1606, Sep 5, 2019.

1. May1606

May1606 PetForums Newbie

Wasn’t sure where to put this (I’m new), but I figured this could impact my dog’s health...

Our family dog is seven years old and has never ever been known to have any issue with fleas - he has regular treatment without fail. Recently, however, about four or five weeks ago, I looked down to find a flea on my arm, along with a few bites from its brief stay. I immediately panicked.

After hoovering the whole downstairs (he doesn’t go up often if at all - will this make a difference?) and checking my dog, I didn’t find anything else (fleas, eggs, flea dirt), but the latter would perhaps be harder to spot. Then, last night, I finally sat with my dog after weeks of being a little distant (I have OCD and a bug phobia), and I just happened to shine a torch on his back. A FLEA WAS ON HIM - quite easy to see because he has a short coat. I had checked him regularly but not often sat with him in this time, though my parents and sibling did, as they felt no concern.

The two are the only ones I’ve seen this whole time. Could they both be flukes? Our area is very overgrown at the moment.

Help!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice