Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fleas

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by xobird, Jul 30, 2019.

?

Use flea fogger

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. xobird

xobird PetForums Newbie

I hate the idea of parasitic creatures roaming my flooring and furniture. I recently saw a couple of fleas on my dog and I am freaking out. I already begun cleaning my house, vacumming sofas, carpet, etc. despite it well being midnight. I just freak out thinking I have bugs where Iive. I am sure I can remove these fleas off my dog in the morning, but my house situation is all that I care for at the moment. Although I only recently noticed the fleas, I am paranoid they've been well kept for longer. I'm to the point where I want to ensure their death with a flea fogger - which I read are used in extreme circumstances. But I guess you could say I loathe these things to the extremity. How likely will their be a flea infestation? How can I get rid of it? Do you recommend me using a fogger early one? Just pass on your knowledge to me please.

2. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

100 % you have a flea infestation. Flea fogger useless. You need an effective flea treatment for your pets from your vet. An effective flea treatment for your home (and, unfortunately, if you live in europe all the strong effective ones were removed from the market last july) ask your vet for advice.

And you need to vacuum like you never have before to get that life cycle broken. Good luck!

3. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

What country are you in @xobird ? After posting that post above, i had a re think as if you are not in europe, you might need to do your own research. It looks like they still have much stronger chemicals licensed in America for example - though this link only rates them in certain situations

https://www.thebugsquad.com/fleas/flea-bombs/

I havent had to deal with fleas since the product licenses changed so i am not up on the most effective products in the UK. Something about the way your post is written though is making me think you are not u.k. based?

4. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

Have they taken Indorex off the market then? Luckily I still have my spray in the cupboard just in case.

Vacuuming will help but you need something that will kill the fleas so they don't keep on reproducing, then you need to keep vacuuming for a good week just to make sure any eggs that survived get sucked up. And as already advised get a proper flea tablet/spot on from the vet.

tabelmabel likes this.
  5. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

Indorex is still on the market.

Acclaim (which was very effective) and some others discontined last year

Sarah H likes this.
  6. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

7. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

Oh heck - hang on to your indorex. It has been banned too!

Sarah H likes this.
  8. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

I was just about to say! I'll deffo hold onto it

tabelmabel likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice