UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Fleas! :(

532 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  sskmick 
#1 ·
Whats best to get rid of them? She is only 8weeks old, so alot of products aren't suitable.

We have washed her with flea shampoo and used a flea spray on her and the house, and we comb her through all the time with a flea comb. Yet she still has them!! grrrr

Is it best to just go to the vets?

Thanks

#2 ·
8 weeks is fine for flea treatment as far as i know. The spray should work really well.. keep on spraying that stuff.

don't bother with the shampoo that's just a waste of time.. Don't bother with flea collars either

get treatment and use the spray :)

also vacuum everywhere!!! and spray everywhere!!! you may not see them but there are eggs in your carpet and everywhere

#6 ·
Just wanted to add that I ordered a can of Skoosh a little while ago. This is a non-pesticide anti flea spray for floors, bedding etc (anywhere around the house )

It's basically a silicone that wraps itself around the fleas so they can no longer breathe and therefore die.

It worked really well for me although it is slippery stuff and i had to mop the laminate part of my floor around the rug thoroughly to avoid everyone slipping. On carpets etc it dries off well and once dry a good hoover is still needed to get rid of the flea carcasses (eeeewww!)

Worked well though when Smudge brought back a bit of an infestation - my ankles stopped itching the same day lol

Got mine from here though I'm sure it's available elsewhere as well. Some vets are rumoured to sell it though none in my area did at the time.

Welcome to Petmeds.co.uk - Pet Medication Supplies

#9 ·
Took Smidge to the vets yesterday! Sprayed her and she's nice and clean!!

Cleaned my house from top to bottom too! Hopefully no more! x
Once you have sprayed from top to botton and used something like frontline, which is probably the spray your vet used, you shouldn't have any further problems with fleas, as frontline breaks the flea's cycle.

I knew my two were running wick, so I made an appointment to take them straight to the vets immediately upon picking the kittens up. I treated their pet carrier and blanket before and after.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.