Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fleas

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Goldstar, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Goldstar

Goldstar PetForums VIP

I found another on her again last night. Last time I used frontline but stupidly didn't do the house too.

Can someone please advise on what is best for the house.

2. princeno5

princeno5 PetForums VIP

hi,i don't treat the dogs,just treat the house with indorex every 3 mnths,every time I wash their bedding,weekly,i spray that aswell.havent had fleas for about 3yrs now.

3. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

I changed to Advantage spot on's when Frontline stopped working but found since treating the house, I havent needed to use them.

I use RIP Fleas annually. Indorex and Acclaim are also recommended here.

4. Goldstar

Goldstar PetForums VIP

Thanks for the help, just ordered indorex from Amazon so won't treat Lucky again. I'll do the house and hope that works :)

5. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

One of my neighbours works in a vet, and she was saying just last week they have stopped selling frontline, as they have had loads of complaints from clients who have bought it saying it isn't effective and not working and the dogs and cats still have fleas. So in light of that may be time to have a re-think on what you are using next time.

You do need to do the house though as that wont help, that's where they spend a lot of the time and where the eggs are laid.

6. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

7. Colliebarmy

Colliebarmy PetForums VIP

Gotcha shifted the blighters out the house after everything else failed, for animals we tried everything, not sure theyve all died yet (seems they have to hatch then die with stuff like frontline) our new vets have just give us Advocate saying it will shift fleas and also mites

8. delca1

delca1 PetForums VIP

Never had fleas before, Indie has been scratching a lot, put frontline on her on Sunday morning (sprayed around the house too) but she is still itchy and scratchy. Very hard to get a flea comb through her long thick fur but I am convinced she still has fleas. Now I have read that frontline might not be as good, how soon can I use something else, maybe advocate?

9. sopott

sopott PetForums Senior

i think frontline combo still works fine. it is the over the counter frontline that some species have built up a resistance to. snoopy is very sensitive to advocate, so i always use frontline combo.

having once lived in a flat that came with fleas, i can tell you that you have to be really rigorous in your treatment. all the carpeted areas on the same day and reapeat exactly when the next batch of eggs hatches. otherwise they will lay eggs and you never get rid of the blighters. it took me a year for a 1 bedroom apartment. i rather treat snoopy than do that ever again!

10. delca1

delca1 PetForums VIP

Thanks for replying.
    What did you use for the house and how often did you apply it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice