Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fleas

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by RubysMummy, Aug 21, 2013.

1. RubysMummy

RubysMummy PetForums Junior

We have found some fleas on Ruby, she has frontline so how do I get rid if them?

We realised tonight that there is a hedgehog in the garden so think she got them from this.

On that note what can we do about the hedgehog as we really don't want it there as it's upsetting the dog. Do I need to report it and have someone remove it to somewhere safe?

2. Howl

Howl PetForums VIP

I believe dog and hedgehog fleas are different.
    If frontline is in date it should kill off the ones on her.
    There are a few more natural remedies but I would be afraid it might clash with the frontline.
    If the fleas are still about despite the frontline maybe go and see the vet.

3. RubysMummy

We noticed them for the first time last night whilst doing her daily grooming so maybe she got them from wherever and the will now die as she's on frontline? Last dose was applied only last week so definitely still up to date with that

4. Nataliee

Nataliee PetForums VIP

5. RubysMummy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice