UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rudy my 13 week old cockapoo has been treated for fleas along with my cats, however, on checking him I'm still finding the odd flea along with little white things attached to his fur which I'm assuming are eggs, does anyone know how to remove these, its upsetting to see.

·
Registered
358 Posts
What have you done to treat them for fleas? have you used a spot on if so which one?

Try a flea comb for now, that will comb out fleas and the eggs but won't completely get rid of the problem.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
They seem to be rife this year, we have had ours frontlined, bathed, combed and now wearing flea collars after we found some on zelda.

Everything has been hoovered daily for a few weeks, all dog bedding, our bedding sofa cushion covers, blankets and our clothes haave been hot washed and the house treated with a spray.. it really takes a lot to get rid of them and keep them gone.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
You need to treat your whole house as well as your pup. All the bedding needs a very hot wash, all your carpets need cleaning and treating with flea treatment (especially around the edges). If you just treat your pup and not these other things they'll keep coming back. The little beggers are really tough so you need to have no mercy!! I bought a house which turned out to be infested. Luckily I didn't have any pets at the time and blitzed it with flea treatments and flea bombs. I actually pulled up some of the carpet as it was old and gross anyway. Good luck!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi there
As the other people in the thread mentions it is really important to treat your house. Grown fleas are roughtly just 5 percent of the entire population, the rest are eggs pupae and larvae which will be in your house and are very hard to spot.

There are several ways to do flea treatment, i suggest that you take a look at my site, which i have created in order to
get rid of fleas since it have been a pain in the ass for me i have decided to help others with a problem ive dealt with many times. On my site you can find guides, tips and trick and other useful information.

If you have any other questions you can also pm me here. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.