Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Flea's

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by NicoleW, Apr 25, 2011.

1. NicoleW

NicoleW PetForums VIP

So we took the dogs out yesteday to a big pak with a fairground in with the kids.

About 3 - 4 hours we were out walking, lovely day, spent most of it in the shade with the dogs while they were getting fusses from everyone.

Kids got a few toys, but Duke came back with something as well! Bloody flea's!

Vets aren't open today and I don't want to get that Dr Martin crap for him so now he's outside at the moment, don't want him near Logan as he hasn't got any and I don't fancy him being around baby either if he has them :(

Poor thing, not his fault - hate locking him somewhere but I don't know what else to do? He won't be coming with me tonight when we meet alot of dogs and let them have a run off just in case he passes them onto everyone.

I'll be going first thing in the morning to get him some stuff, how soon after it's been applied (advocate I think) can he go out ?

2. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

My advice to you would be to pop out and get some Frontline which will kills fleas within 24 hours.

I would also spray any bedding and carpets because these little buggers increase at an alarming rate. :smile:

3. NicoleW

NicoleW PetForums VIP

Luckily we don't have any carpets downstairs, the don't go upstairs and there's no fabric type material except from Duke's bed which is ust a duvet cover but that's already in the wash.

Cool will go out and get the spray today thanks!

4. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

Don't forget the frontline for the back of his neck!

5. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

What about giving him a bath? Get his neck really wet all round first so the little blighters cant climb onto his head to get away. A good old dunk usually sorts it temporarily.
    If you have somewhere near you open Johnsons 4Fleas is v good. A tablet you give them and within a short space of time anything on him will have to vacate.:D
    Blinking things are a nightmare. I've given up on frontline - it only works for a couple of weeks now.:(

6. Doolally

Doolally PetForums Senior

chemists are open today selling frontline

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice