Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fleas?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by lily_cat, Apr 3, 2011.

1. lily_cat

lily_cat PetForums Newbie

We've just moved into the area and it's full of cats lol there's one little cat that's taken to coming into our house and eating my cat's (who passed a few weeks ago) left over food. I'm a sucker for cats and can't refuse her she's starving and always outside I feel so sorry for her and she's such a loving little cat.

Anyway what I want to know is, I think her behaviour is pointing to her having fleas b/c she likes to roll over on her back on the carpet like she's scratching it and also her tail swishes side to side like she's aggravated quite violently but she isn't showing signs that she's aggravated by anything I've done iykwim.

I was wondering if these are typical signs that she has fleas? I want to let her in but I can't if she's infested as our carpet is brand new and I'm due to give birth anytime now and she's not my cat to treat for the fleas.
    Any ideas?

2. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Normally if a cat is badly infested with fleas or only been bitten once and sensitive to bites, thy will scratch a lot, coat may look unkempt and they often have little scabs on them. Often around head area, base of tail.

It does sound as though she may be coming into season? It's possible :(

But then again, some cats do display the behaviour you describe when happy and relaxed!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice