Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fleas won't leave! Help!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by CandyHasCakes, Jul 12, 2018.

1. CandyHasCakes

CandyHasCakes PetForums Newbie

So i have two dogs, one of them is a super fat and fluffy chihuahua-thing. She's had fleas for a long time now, and we gave her some of that back medicine for it a few weeks ago, but the fleas are only getting worse! Her stomach and inner thighs are red and bare because she's been scratching them so much. The fleas are starting to infest my other dog and one of my cats too, I don't know what to do! Does anyone know a good flea medicine or shampoo that can easily and quickly get rid of fleas? Do dog flea medicines work on cats too???
    1531398313442.png

2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

You need to speak to your vets and get appropriate prescription flea treatments for each animal - cats and dogs need different treatments
    Your dog looks very uncomfortable the vets may offer additional treatment for her skin.

Vacum your house like you have never vacumed before and then do it again.
    Make sure you get all the nooks and crannies.
    Then put a flea collar in the vacuum to kill any fleas hiding in there.
    Wash all soft furnishings
    Spray the house with acclaim flea spray.

#2 Fleur, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Lurcherlad likes this.
  3. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Take her to the vet asap for some proper treatment. She looks very sore!

Treat all the animals and the home and vacuum several times a day for at least 3 weeks to break the cycle. Wash all their bedding and on a hot wash.

Fleur likes this.
  4. pennyLokiMUM

pennyLokiMUM PetForums Senior

I would do what Fleur has suggested you need to get to the Vets asap, careful with flea spray ensure the animals are out of the house and ensure well ventilated, also wash all the pets bedding at 90c, as the skin looks really sore so get to the vet its horrible

Fleur likes this.
  5. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

^^
    This - every day for weeks and everything else the poster suggested. If you don't get rid of all the flea eggs in your house the cycle will just continue and your dogs will continue to suffer.

Fleur and Lurcherlad like this.
  6. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Fleur and Lurcherlad like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice