Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fleas In 7 Week Old Kitten & Home

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by saxa21, Aug 6, 2009.

1. saxa21

saxa21 PetForums Member

I need advice on how to treat fleas. My little one is ridden with loads of black droppings in his fur. Been treated 6 days ago with JOhnson Herbal Flea Drops but this did not work at all. What is the best way to bath him and what to use.

My question is: what can I use in my house as I have seen flea larves crawling in the corners of my living room (easy to see ad I've got floor panels), also there are little brown spots of sth, not sure wgar that is. I need to make sure that whatever I use will not harm Heniu.

Thank you in advance

2. shortbackandsides

shortbackandsides PetForums VIP

Get frontline spray from vets for cat,along with a good quality household spray.johnsons is useless so is sherleys:)
    kitten will also need worming,panacur paste is good and easy to use.

#2 shortbackandsides, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  3. is frontline combo suitable for 7 weeks old? i thought it was from 8 weeks only!

Frontline spray is suitable for your kitten

indorex is a good household flea spray - remember to do all your soft furnishings too and other static areas of fabric such as the bottom of the wardrobe or linen cupboard.

hope that helps

4. shortbackandsides

shortbackandsides PetForums VIP

I think combo is from 12 weeks old,they have to be at least a kilo in weight:eek: its late and i was careless then,didnt think about the age:blushing:

1 person likes this.
  5. saxa21

saxa21 PetForums Member

Thank you guys for your help. I've ordered Indorex spray. We are seeing the vet tomorrow and see what he says.

6. hehe i knew it was something like that! lmao!

never mind we all get tired! ;)

7. saxa21

saxa21 PetForums Member

Thank you all.

The vet given him prescription flea treatment today as well as recommended Acclaim spray for the house. I was also told to steam clean my bed and well as the pillows, which can be washed.

Now I am getting down to work clearing those critters!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice