Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fleas help please

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Fluffy one, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Fluffy one

Fluffy one PetForums Newbie

Hi I moved house 2 weeks ago never had a problem with fleas on my dog always treated once a month with stuff from vets directly onto back if neck, it was a house swap and the lady had several cats that lived here, I treated Pringle the night before we moved and on finding fleas on day 1 I bought an expensive spray and treated carpets, 10 days in I'm finding fleas everywhere and poor Pringles is covered in them she has long hair and constant biting and scratching she gets it all matted, I went to pet shop and tried to buy a flea shampoo to be told they wouldn't sell me it knowing he had been treated this month already?!? She is booked in to be shaved short something I booked weeks ago before the fleas, now I'm in a pickle I don't know how to do this I want to rip all the carpets out and replace them anyway but what about the hard floors bathrooms kitchen as this is were she's lying now probably to get away from the flea filled carpets!! I'm going to take her to vets after groomers tomoro and hopefully get something stronger to help get rid of them from her but I can't possibly get the carpets up for atleast another week so treating her seems pointless as they go back on her?!? Also once carpets are all out should I have the place fumigated by professionals ?? Any advice be great my heads spinning just don't know wat to do hard enough moving house without having to watchtower poor girl suffer like she is

2. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

It is pointless using anything other than from the vet as anything you get from the pet shop will do precisely nothing. The vet should be able to give you an efficient flea spray, wash or spot on and a spray for your house.

Please do not go to the groomers till you have eradicated the fleas, it would be very unfair as the groomer could end up infesting other dogs.

Fleas just seem to love some houses and be hard to get rid of so I hope you can get it under control.

3. 8tansox

8tansox PetForums VIP

I use a steam cleaner on all my soft furnishings, carpets, sofas, dogs beds, curtains, anything that can harbour fleas. It's a God-send and I'd never be without one now.

I also use flea treatment on my dogs but there always appears to be the odd one or two little blighters, so steam's the way I combat them.

I know you can hire steam cleaners, which is why I got mine as I hired one every month!;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice