Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Flea treatments????

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Buzzard, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Buzzard

Buzzard PetForums VIP

Hi all. I am not sure about this flea and tick treatment business. We use Frontline at present, but I was wondering if any of you have tried any 'natural' ways to prevent fleas and ticks and whether natural can be effective. Generally I am not a fan of chemicals but appreciate they sometimes have their place.

2. Ang2

Ang2 PetForums VIP

Most people are moving away from Frontline as it is not as effective as it used to be.. I believe its been used for that long that fleas are becoming immune to it.

I use Adocate which also takes care of all worms except tapeworm, for which I use Droncit Spot On.

There is a very effective natural flea spray that has been developed in Thailand (forget the name) but you have to spray them every week which is far more stressing for the animal.

3. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Not sure if you mean Biospotix http://karinga-trading.com/documents/BIOSPOTIX GB.pdf I havent used it but heard lots of good feedback from it.

4. Ang2

Ang2 PetForums VIP

Actually is this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250ml-100-Natural-Flea-Tick-Lice-Extocide-Spray-Compatible-w-Frontline-Spot-on-/170890893553?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Cats&hash=item27c9e418f1

5. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Ah right, not heard of that one;):D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice