UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am not sure about this flea and tick treatment business. We use Frontline at present, but I was wondering if any of you have tried any 'natural' ways to prevent fleas and ticks and whether natural can be effective. Generally I am not a fan of chemicals but appreciate they sometimes have their place.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Most people are moving away from Frontline as it is not as effective as it used to be.. I believe its been used for that long that fleas are becoming immune to it.

I use Adocate which also takes care of all worms except tapeworm, for which I use Droncit Spot On.

There is a very effective natural flea spray that has been developed in Thailand (forget the name) but you have to spray them every week which is far more stressing for the animal.

·
Registered
13,034 Posts
Most people are moving away from Frontline as it is not as effective as it used to be.. I believe its been used for that long that fleas are becoming immune to it.

I use Adocate which also takes care of all worms except tapeworm, for which I use Droncit Spot On.

There is a very effective natural flea spray that has been developed in Thailand (forget the name) but you have to spray them every week which is far more stressing for the animal.
Not sure if you mean Biospotix http://karinga-trading.com/documents/BIOSPOTIX GB.pdf I havent used it but heard lots of good feedback from it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.