UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there fellas
As some of you might know i posted some time ago in the dogs health section (if you guys dare to go there). About a website I created in order to help pet owners dealing with flea problems.

The reason why I created this site is because I have been frustrated with the content out there, every time when I had to deal with fleas. I would like to provide information for people with the same problems which will be most pet owners.

I would really appreciate if any of you guys would take your time to leave a comment or just a message here to tell me: what do you like about the site, is there something I can do better? do I miss anything?

Site is in my signature Alot of new articles added and new design

Best day to all of you.

·
Registered
29,781 Posts
Hi John, just had a look at your website and find it very impressive and informative! Well done:) You have obviously put in a lot of time and care.:)

From my own POV I would rather like details of the various flea treatment products that are regarded by vets as safe and effective. This would include the currently recommended spot-on treatments such as Advantage and Advocate.

Also, for owners who don't want to use topical flea treatments there is the Program injection which works by making the flea eggs infertile, thus interrupting the life cycle of the flea.

The plus points of Program are that it avoids putting messy oils on the cat's coat, and also only needs to be given every 6 mths. There seems to be a surprisingly low take-up of Program, and yet it is one that vets themselves often use on their own cats.
(Note: Program is also available as tablets to be given orally).

With regard to the Biospotix, I understand it contains citronella oil amongst other oils. As cats are known to hate the smell of lemon I would imagine it would drive them insane having it put on their fur, or having to wear a collar infused with the smell:confused: So this in itself would put me off buying it.

Also, although a lot of different websites sell Biospotix, I have not been able to find any information about double blind clinical trials done on this product to test its safety and effectiveness. Are you able to give me a link to any please? :)

Overall, a good website John:thumbup1:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Worked really hard to create this site nobody have anything to say about it :(?
I checked it out,Its probably good information but I have never had a flea problem to be honest I just keep everything in my house clean and my cat is in door cat.We also use flea treatment regular

But I am sure it would help some people out

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@chillminx
Hi there thanks a lot for the great feedback i will look into doing some product reviews. Also the program you talk about i might write an article about.

I know my product site is kinda messy atm i am going to change that :)

About biospotix ill see if i can find an article for you :)

@rash thanks for your time thats great that you havent had that troubles :) hopefully you wont in the future otherwise you are welcome to find tips on my site :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.