Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Flea Allergy

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by kitties, Aug 2, 2009.

1. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

Our poor cat has been suffering with a flea allergy for last few months, shes 3 years old but only started about May. We thought she had been in a fight when it first started, because chunks of fair had gone and it was bleeding, its only on her face, so we took her the vet and they said it was above. On checking it out on google ive since see hundreds of cats with same condition, but often much worse as they seem to have it on their bodies too.

The vet gave her tablets which did clear it up but they are back now, she doesnt have fleas, but the vet was going to treat her for fleas anyway, but our other cat is pregnant and ive read somewhere you should't allow them near flea treatments.

Can anyone offer any advice, of something I can do? I read yesterday kangaroo oil works a treat, has anyone else heard of this? just bathing the affected area in it.

I will be very grateful if anyone can help. Heres a pic of her before she got them.

[​IMG]

#1 kitties, Aug 2, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  2. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

there are treatments that the vet can give you that are suitable for pregnant cats so i am sure they would be happy to give that to you for the other cat if it puts you at ease.. also she is gorgeous!!

3. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

Thanks so much im taking her tomorrow so hopefully will get her sorted. x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice