UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a portrait I completed a few weeks ago of the beautiful Ruby. Thought you might like to see the WIP stages. Here are the first few.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Moonviolet. She's such a beautiful girl and I love the pose of the reference photo. The photo I get to work from is very important. I think they sent me four different lots before I got one that I was happy with.:D:D

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just stunning, the detail and intense colours are amazing :001_wub:
Thank you.:D:D I used to panic if i got a black animal to draw but I've got the hang of it now.:laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i absolutely love your work, its the eyes you seem to capture the whole character by the eyes of your dogs.
michelle x
Thank you Michelle.:D It's very important that I get a good reference photo that especially shows the eyes well as I think they are the most important part of the portrait. It makes it all come alive if the eyes are realistic.:D

The lady who commissioned all the cat portraits in my signature says that one of them, her eyes follow you wherever you are in the room.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A couple more progress pics of Ruby and the finished portrait.

Ruby finished.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.