Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Flat cat mesh gaurds

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by coco-flo, Jun 7, 2010.

1. coco-flo

coco-flo PetForums Junior

Hi i have noticed alot of people asking about gaurds for windows for their cats, I have these mesh gaurds that are made for you and they are brilliant so i thought i would share it with you.
    Stopping my cat falling out of a window - Flat Cats have the answer
    They are not to expensive and i paid £40 for 2 windows so its worth a try, hope it helps someone out.

2. xxSaffronxx

xxSaffronxx PetForums VIP

Yes I have seen this - I was looking at a thread about it from a couple of years ago and the company actually offer 50% discount for Pet Forums members. Whether they will still honour it or not i dont know?

3. xxSaffronxx

Here you go I have found the thread and the quote:

http://www.petforums.co.uk/cat-trai...oor-cats-escaping-through-open-windows-3.html

I have emailed them to see if the discount still applies because I am considering ordering them

4. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

can you let us no if they reply as i wud also consider purchasing some. however £25 is alot when you cud make them yourself with a bit of velcro and mesh

5. xxSaffronxx

Yep his reply was as follows:

Hi,

That’s great to hear and indeed the 50% discount applies.. and as you came to us through the forum then it also applies to you.

If you wanted to make a purchase from us just let me know what you would like and I can arrange for a special link to be created for you that will charge you just 50% of the normal price.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes

Dominic Parker
    Flat Cats

6. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

well thats cool, think i will see oh and see wat he thinks. wud be nice for the cats room then i no they can get fresh air and be safe

7. xxSaffronxx

They need to be supervised tho with any kind of window guard. The companies say they are not to be used unless under supervision. That applies to all the companies I have looked at

8. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

yeah that goes without saying. unless i was in the house i wud not leave my windows open anyway so they wud always be supervised

9. xxSaffronxx

Sorry I didnt want to sound condescending - just wanted to make people aware :)

10. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

no thats fine, you can never be too carefull with cats. i have had my windows open a crack and next time i look my cat is on the outside windowsil lol.

better to be safe than sorry

11. coco-flo

coco-flo PetForums Junior

Well thats great i hope i can get mine now at 50% off lol my mother actually brought mine for a birthday present. I Have been very happy with mine and my cats have not attempted to get get out of them as yet.But i would not leave them unattended, and its great to have fresh air running through my house again!!!lol Where is the link for this site? will it be put up on here somewhere?
    I am glad i mention it to you all now 50% saving is very good!!!!

12. NEW2CATS

NEW2CATS PetForums VIP

I am very interested as well - will measure my windows over the weekend and give them a call

13. gemini

gemini PetForums Member

Oooh nice to know about the discount. I'm quite interested in getting a couple and would be interested in other peoples experience of them.

14. JayLib

JayLib PetForums Member

My Flat Cat window guard things arrived today and Dominic gave me a great deal as I was a pet forums member!

I got 3 standard ones for £30.00 including postage!

Yes I could probably have made them myself but 1) I'm rubbish at sewing & 2) because of No.1 it would have taken several attempts and cost me lots more than £30 not to mention the hairdressing appointment that would have been needed afterwards due to the stress!

Here's the link again in case it is lost in the thread somewhere....

Window protection for cats - Open your windows without endangering your cat

15. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Interesting to note,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice