Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Flaming doctors!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kaz25, Jan 18, 2012.

1. kaz25

kaz25 PetForums VIP

I've got 4 sore bits inside my mouth (1 ulcer and 3 others that aren't quite ulcers yet) and now 2 cold sores on my lip :(

newfiesmum mentioned iron deficiency on my last post and since then another cold sore has appeared (only had 1 this morning) and also another sore bit in my mouth. Was thinking earlier and I've been pretty tired lately but just thought it was the 6am get ups for my new job. Thought it wouldn't do any harm to go to the doctors just in case as I need more cold sore cream anyway and not buying it when can get it for free on prescription.

And typically I can't get a doctors appointment til Friday morning :rolleyes:

2. EllesBelles

EllesBelles PetForums Senior

I hate that.

Despite having it on my records I need to see a doctor frequently and shouldn't be questioned, the receptionist is always a cow - she told me the other day I had had my quota of appointments for this year and should leave some for other people (I've been three times since Christmas!)

Prrfft. I hope it does clear up soon.

You could try taking an iron supplement to see if it helps?

That said, cold sores and mouth ulcers can be caused by stress, so it could just be that?

3. kaz25

kaz25 PetForums VIP

Since when is there a quota for how many times a person can see a doctor?? :confused:

I did originally think it was just stress but I haven't felt particularly stressed. That was when I thought about the tiredness and whether it's related.

I think my asthma is back too so will see about that and mention the cold sores and ulcers too. Won't be anywhere to get an iron supplement before then anyway.

4. PetloverJo

PetloverJo PetForums VIP

This Friday would be pretty good if you were at my doctors, it would be next Friday or even longer if I wanted to see a certain doctor. Although they do say if it's an emergency then they will get the doctor to phone you back and you need to tell the doctor your symptoms over the phone to determine whether to go and see them or make an appointment for a later date.

The other irony is that I went to see my doc who said I need to make an appointment to see her in a months time, went to reception they'll only booked appointments 2 weeks in advance:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

5. Mummy of Jaffe Joffer

Mummy of Jaffe Joffer PetForums VIP

Poor you ulcers are very painful I was on orimorph for a while and my mouth and throat were riddled with them. My sister suffers from them when she gets over tired so I wouldn't be surprised if it is that but best to be on the safe side and just get it check.

I agree Friday morning is pretty good my old practice I had to book 3 weeks in advance to see my doctor so I changed practices (which I regret) and this week I've been trying to get hold of them but (I'm guessing due to training) the practice has been closed till 4pm and when I then try to call after 4 the phone is constantly engaged! I've had nothing but inconvenience and rudeness from them so think I'm gonna change practices again.

6. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

You shouldnt keep putting dirty......things in your mouth woman :ciappa::ciappa::ciappa::D

7. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I dunno, isnt washing your mouth out with a salty liquid recommended?

8. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

I dunno ...but i didnt mean soap :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice