Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fishmongers finest

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by GoldenRetrieverman, Aug 25, 2013.

1. GoldenRetrieverman

GoldenRetrieverman PetForums VIP

Just wonder if anyone uses this food? I bought a little bag today and was thinking of switching to it from Arden Grange adult chicken. How do you find the output on it an feeding amounts etc?

2. Jem121

Jem121 PetForums Senior

I've recently switched to this from Burns. I quite like it, they poo a bit more than when on burns but i think its due to the fact it has alot more meat in than burns, dont get me wrong its not excessive amounts. I also feed less than the RDA it says to feed 170g for.up to 5kg dog mine are between 7kg-7.5kg and I feed 50g am and 50g pm as they were getting chubby with being fed that much.
    Hope ive been a help.
    But all in all for the high meat content and the price I think its a good food and will be sticking with it for a while. :)

3. mollymo

mollymo Life is Golden

My 3 are all on this now...the fish and potato not the salmon.
    They do very small hard stools on it and there was no problems changing over to it.

I feed less of it and they get a small amount of butchers or chappie tinned mixed with it.
    I did feed nature diet before with the last kibble but its to rich I found with the fishmongers to feed both for mine and caused them to be loose so stopped the ND and all is fine now.

Just to add its great to find the same food that they can all eat instead of buying different brands;)

#3 mollymo, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  4. GoldenRetrieverman

Im wondering mollymo, did you leave a review on pah website ? I reconise the pic. :D

Sounds like I made a good choice then, is the £25 offer on alot?
    Arden grange has been good but shes been on it since puppy so I think its time to change. Shes been itching lately too so wanted to try a different food.

5. maxandskye

maxandskye PetForums Member

I've changed over from Fish 4 Dogs & have to say that its gone down a treat. Really pleased with it & would highly recommend it. :)

6. cbrookman

cbrookman PetForums VIP

I find that the £25 offer is on every few months and then I stock up. But the other way is to join the VIP club and then every now and then they post you money off vouchers to save money on food so that you can still get a good price on it. I don't think I have ever paid full price! Also the VIP club gives donations to an animal charity you choose from their list. I also buy online via the Easyfundraising website and every time I buy 20kg I make some money for a dog charity which at the moment is Romanian Underdogs. Every ones a winner!!!:)

7. mollymo

mollymo Life is Golden

Looks like Ive been rumbled:D

Yes the offer comes on quite often and I bought three 10kg bags for £25 each just recently.
    Well I changed one of mine from the vitalin grain free as she was eating mud a lot and was told it could be diet related and that seems to have stopped now on the fishmongers.
    So all good for now here.;)

8. GoldenRetrieverman

Im in the vip club and recently used 1 of the £5 vouchers they sent me to get a bag of ag chicken. I usually buy online but I ordered a bag of fish4dogs which had a hole in, ordered a bag of simpsons premium grain free, hole in, ordered a bag of ag chicken and the courier lost it :rolleyes:

Fishmongers seem to be what fish4dogs was before they seen peas as little fish lol
    Fishmongers looks a bargain when you compare to orijen 6 fish at £83 a bag :eek:

#8 GoldenRetrieverman, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  9. GoldenRetrieverman

When you have some vip vouchers its an even better deal too :D how much do you feed your lot, my golden puts on weight easy so I keep the feed amounts low :)

Just wondering instead of wet food you ever added some fish or mince, I get 1kg of boneless pollock from asda for £4. I like to give lots of variety, eggs, turkey, fish, beef and chicken etc

10. YellowLab

YellowLab PetForums Senior

Our lab yogi is on this and if anything it's made poops smaller and i *think* she's lost some weight. It's a struggle for her to keep weight off since she was spayed. We are currently using the white fish one not the salmon.

11. mollymo

mollymo Life is Golden

Well Ive just weighed the total amount what they get per day and split into two feeds as I feed by eye as a rule and its 230gms a day each and all get the same, plus they get either cooked veg mixed with it or half a tin of butchers or similar each feed.

I do buy mince or fish at times.
    Yes the vip vouchers do come in handy and just got another £5 off voucher for renewing insurance again.
    Every little helps:D

#11 mollymo, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  12. mollymo

mollymo Life is Golden

Yes it does make the poops very small and round:D
    I also use the fish and potato.

13. GoldenRetrieverman

Mine has been getting about 200g of arden grange dry and 100g of either meat or fish or 2 eggs a day.

Do the big bags have a resealer to keep the bag airtight like the little bags?

14. mollymo

mollymo Life is Golden

Yes they do and its brilliant almost like a zip.

15. GoldenRetrieverman

oh thats handy, im sick of sealing bags up with parcel tape lol.

16. GoldenRetrieverman

i think fishmongers has given my dog the runs:( havnt been giving much of it either :eek:hmy:

17. henry

henry PetForums VIP

Oh dear, did you just add a little bit in with the Arden Grange to start with? Some dogs are really sensitive to changes in their diet and it takes longer. I'd put her back on the AG if it doesn't work out, at least you know that suits her.

Have you ordered the big bag yet? Hopefully not, although it may just be the initial introduction to the FM. Was she always OK on the AG?

18. GoldenRetrieverman

Ye introduced it slow, shes always fine with ag. I had the same result with f4d sea jerky and salmon oil I think.

19. mollymo

mollymo Life is Golden

As I said I did need to be careful what I mixed with it as its seems quite rich and the ND just didn't go with it for my lot as to much richness and did upset tums I found, hence me using tinned.

Did you mix anything with it?
    I did start very slowly with it aswell and that worked here mixing with old kibble and they were all fine.

20. mollymo

mollymo Life is Golden

Maybe she cant do fish them:(

Early days yet, cant really tell over a few days.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice