Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

fish4dogs dry food

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by bassetsandbeyond, Apr 8, 2011.

1. bassetsandbeyond

bassetsandbeyond PetForums Senior

has anyone used the complete food?

i've heard good things on review sites but wanted proper honest opinions from the public;)

I think my Dinky is allergic to chicken...most foods contain some sort of chicken being meat to oils.... i heard that fish oils/meat is good for the skin and coat plus allergies.

your opinions please:D

2. Pets2luv.webs.com

Pets2luv.webs.com PetForums VIP

I found it to be really good the dogs really enjoyed it as they love fish and also it came out the other end nice and solid. :D

3. bassetsandbeyond

good to know:p

4. bobbyw

bobbyw PetForums Senior

I have fed my dog on this since I got him and as soon as I switched to it his coat become so soft and lovely looking and the poops being smaller and always firm was a big bonus too. Never thought I would talk about poop this much before getting a dog.

He was also very itchy all over prior to going on fish4dogs and this completely disappeared too. As a treat he sometimes has some fish4dogs salmon mousse on top of his kibble and he goes crazy for that stuff.

I am looking at adding another food at the moment as every month or so my dog gets bored so would be good to have some flexibility but if it wasn't for that I would just leave him on fish4dogs all the time.

5. I have used it, and think its supurb - unfortunately one of my dog is really fussy and will not even look at it now.

6. bassetsandbeyond

thats good to know too, what kind of dog do you have Bobby?

7. bobbyw

bobbyw PetForums Senior

No probs, he is an 8 year old rescue dog, we were told a labrador collie cross, but we think he might have some german shepherd in him too. He's a mystery, but a cute mystery!

8. bassetsandbeyond

lol, is good to find how different breeds/ crosses react to this food

9. dvnbiker

dvnbiker PetForums Senior

unfortunately it went straight through my youngest BC but the other two loved it with no ill effects.

10. LeeM018

LeeM018 PetForums Member

I'm a big fan of the stuff. I can only comment on the puppy complete which is what i've been feeding my FCR since last November.

He loves it, especially with some of their salmon oil drizzled over it. He's got a good slick coat, he's never had scurf (even when the heating came on in the winter) and has solid output (always a bonus when scooping :D ). He's growing into a well proportioned dog and seems to have got everything that he needed physically from his diet.

For my part, I would always give it the thumbs up as a dry food choice and have never once thought of needing to swap to another brand.

11. Ridgielover

Ridgielover PetForums Senior

I've had my 5 Ridgebacks and 2 Aussies on it for ages now - really impressed. Dogs look great and no more having to add sardines and the like to their food to give them shiny coats. In fact, several of my friends have been so impressed by how my dogs look that they've switched over to it. Just wish I was on commission :D

12. 2Hounds

2Hounds PetForums VIP

My grey has their salmon kibble, he likes it and looks in great condition. Don't need to feed as much either so the 12kg bag lasts about same as 15kg of previous food. I get it delivered from VetUK as for some reason its much cheaper than direct.

13. fluffybunny2001

fluffybunny2001 PetForums VIP

my dog loved it,he also reacts to meat based products,however he is now on wafcol salmon and potato,on vets recomendation,he does have a pouch of the fish4dogs salmon mousse with his kibble

14. ian1969uk

ian1969uk PetForums Member

If you want something available in store, then the Fishmongers range from Pets at Home is an excellent food and very similar to Fish 4 Dogs.

15. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Yup big fish4dogs fan here :thumbup:

16. We are using it mixed with JW for our Scorcher for a trial. She loves the stuff!!

17. SashaXx

SashaXx PetForums Member

I use fish4dogs think it's fab! :thumbsup:

18. bassetsandbeyond

great to hear good things about this food.....is there anything that i should look out for with this food?

pros and cons lol;)

19. sunshine80

sunshine80 PetForums VIP

Sonny my cocker spaniel gets Fish4dogs. Sorry I have not really got any cons for it other than I do not think that his coat is as good on this as it was when he was on Arden Grange. Sonny has digestive problems probably cause by rice so he got switched to this and it is great stuff not had any problems with it and he has been on it for about 6 months. I may try the pets @ home stuff now the one near me is reopen though as I have to order fish 4 dogs online and end up buying loads of other things as well although I do the same at Pets @ Home :eek:

20. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Only con I have is it is not raw :001_smile:
    Which is what I mainly feed now.
    I have no problems with it whatsoever for my girl :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice