Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

fish less cycling

Discussion in 'Tropical Aquarium Advice' started by sarybeagle, Mar 30, 2011.

1. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

Today I have bought myself a second tank and am wondering how best to go about cycling the tank.

Its in no hurry to be filled up with fish as Im only using it as a stand-by tank really and as a nursery for my fry which are constantly appearing!!

My current tank has an internal filter in tank hood and doesn't match my new filter system so I cant swap materials to boost new filter.

However would adding water from established tank help boost the new tank?

Adding ornaments and plants from established tank will this have an advantage?

Any advice appreciated. New tank is a 60lt tropical and existing is a 78l tropical which has been running for 4 years now. xx

2. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

I did wonder this but I thought once I moved it back into the new water would it then "lose" its bacteria and maturity and obviously the water would be as it is today still-its had the water safe treatment and I got a free cycling boost bottle with the tank which I have used but as I said im in no hurry to add fish even though bottle claims you can instantly set up a new tank and add fish :nono: :glare:

thank you xx

3. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

Im going to run continuously, I want to move a couple of adult fish over into it also.

So it will be a permenant second tank. x

4. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

thank you very much will do xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice