Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Firwworks :(

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by tinaK, Nov 2, 2012.

1. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

Fireworks bad here tonight :( The girls (well Clover really) is even barking in the house. Got TV on loud, etc

Last took Them both out at 7PM. I'm OK taking Daisy out for last pee's, but dunno what to do about Clover.. I know she will bark at them.. stupid fireworks :(

2. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

Poor Clover

Don't let the barking get to you or worry about your neighbours complaining or anything, it's to be expected with all the racket outside.

It's mad here too but I've got music on to drown them out (Nickelback) and you've seen the size of my speakers :lol:

3. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

Just given Clover some dorwest and put her thundershirt on.. she is frantic. Got TV on loud. Bless her :(

4. sazzle

sazzle PetForums Senior

I do feel for you.

My Mums old Staff used to be a wreck with anything like fireworks or guns etc. She used to wee herself sometimes.

Its a dreadful time of year for the poor suffering doggies. :(

5. LauraJane9

LauraJane9 PetForums Senior

I hate fireworks! I am very fortunate that Sully isn't bothered by them (thank god because he was neutered today), they are going off like crazy here.

We had a family dog a collie x rescue who was so scared of fireworks that he would literally wet himself, I spent every November and new years just hugging him because it was the only thing that would calm him down, ever since then I have despised fireworks.

6. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

We did it :) No fireworks going off near us, while out - so quick in and out, and all done :)

7. blossom21

blossom21 PetForums Senior

Well I thought my fur baby would be fine as we get them going off in the summer. But poor lad is frantic,dashing at the patio doors and barking, but there are a lot going off at once. Hubs is trying to placate him by letting him cuddle up on the sofa. :cryin:

8. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

I cannot believe that fireworks are permitted to be used until 11pm at night and I personally think fireworks should be banned in built up areas.

9. blossom21

Trouble is it wont just be tonight though will it, probably the next 4/5 nights. :rolleyes::

10. speug

speug PetForums VIP

we've got a lot going off round here tonight - and they're supposed to be banned from our park and the one next door because there's so many mobile homes with wood cladding.

Luckily Angus couldn't care less and is sound asleep upside down on the settee just now but his friend along the road has been struggling for the last couple of days and the worry is that the stress will trigger a cluster of seizures.

11. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

We have not had any fireworks tonight:thumbsup: I am amazed they have been going off every night for over a week, tonight because it is sort of bonfire weekend I expected loads but no all lovely and peacful. I suppose they will make up for it tomorrow and there will be lots but hey ho at least we have had one quiet stress free evening!

12. blossom21

I have resorted to giving Bramble some rescue remedy, not sure its helping but hey ho.

13. Collie1

Collie1 PetForums Junior

I know how you feel Ben is not happy pup at all

thanks to ppl on here and the fact they have stopped abit I've managed to get him abit happier he's now only panting and running from window to window instead of barking n shaking

I hate fireworks I book bonfire night off every year as my horse isn't overly keen so I stay at farm until late on bonfire night my oh will be looking after Ben
    prob best that way my oh is less emotional than me lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice