UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is going to sound silly, took Rudy for his third little walk today ironically to the vets to pick up his worm and flea treatment, on the way out he managed to get in a right knot with the lead, managing to wrap it round me and take me over, resulting in a big yelp, from Rudy not me and a nasty limp, back into the vets we go.

So can anyone give me any tips on walking with the lead, sounds so daft I k:001_unsure:now.

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
Try and keep it up higher than his height instead of dangling near the floor, and if possible so it attaches to the back of the neck on the collar, not underneath. We all get tangled up sometimes regardless :D

G

·
Do a course in maypole dancing you will never get tangled in a dog lead again ;)

I would also say keep the lead higher and make sure the wee one stays on one side if at all possible.

The phrase been there done that spri gs to mind. Here's hoping the limo is gone quick.

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
I make sure my dogs wait so I go in the door first and I gather up the lead. If its a small puppy or dog, I'd actually lift them up and carry them. Hope the pup is ok after that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha ha, that's funny, think I totally over reacted running back to the vets, but I'm like a new mum worrying all the time, the vet said that puppies react badly to pain and to get him to rest this evening, hmmmm, wish me luck with that one, limp is improving thank goodness.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
20,329 Posts
Keep the lead shorter, it still needs to be slack so you are not dragging him along but not so long that there is any excess to trip you or, worse still, any passersby

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.