Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

First Time without long line at all!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by SEVEN_PETS, May 25, 2010.

1. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

This morning was the first walk in months where he didn't have a long line at all. Usually, I spend the first 5-10 minutes with him on the long line getting him focused on me. But today, I decided to let him off straight away after a few recalls on his short lead. I was so happy. He now spends up to 80% of his time off lead attached to my leg doing heelwork. :D He hardly spends any time away from me at all to be honest, except when hes playing with other dogs.

2. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

Excellent:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I'm really very happy!!!

3. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

awwww thats some good traning

4. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Well done to you and Ollie long may it continue

5. feathersnowglitter

That is fantastic well done for your hard work. We are getting a working cocker aged 3 in July - she is being kept by her owner until after our holiday so we dont have to use kennels. Altho she is already ok off lead as long as you have a ball, we will be needing to put in some training to get the focus on us when out and learning the wait command especially. It is nice to read about other cockers whose training has really paid off. :)

6. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

YAY!! Sooooo happy for you!! Thats fab!! xxx

7. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

Thank you. I'm very proud of him today. :D

8. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

I would be too, in fact I am, as I know how hard you have been working with him, effort and determination, patience and time you have given and what fantastic results!! xx

9. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

thanks. it's been hard work and I imagine that his recall will drop off again, but hopefully as hes now 2 years old, it'll be a more stable recall and shouldn't go back to how it was when he was a teenager.

10. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

Ooo the teenage stage!! They try everything and anything!! I'm sure he has now learnt the right and wrongs of recall and you will have many more successful and happy walkies together :) xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice