Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

first time puppy owner :)

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by widdymum68, Nov 14, 2012.

1. widdymum68

widdymum68 PetForums Newbie

hi all,im new on here, our family has welcomed our new addition a few days ago...an 8 week old cavachon boy :)........feeling very tired (appears to be a common thread lol!).....and looking for tips to coping with theses early weeks! i am crate training him..which hes adjusting to quite well and he is eager to go toilet outside which is good...except at 3am when he wants to out to `toilet` but just plays!!!! help..lol

2. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

Oh I so remember those eary weeks and getting up at 5 in the morning to mop the kitchen floor plus let the pup out etc: Keep watch on them in case they get something they shouldn't. Don't worry it does pass and you will look back on it all and laugh that such a small bundle of fluff can cause all this fuss. I bet you are saying "I'm never having a puppy again " enjoy

3. widdymum68

widdymum68 PetForums Newbie

lol hard work! and yes i have said never again!!!...but hes so gorgeous :)

4. koolchick

koolchick PetForums Senior

Exactly what my mum said to me after our 1st dog who I was too young to remember as a pup. She finally agreed to getting a pup as she wanted a 2nd dog but didn't think our dog would put up with an older one. So my 21st birthday present was a pup sadly we lost him in July so to comfort me my mum promised me another pup which I made sure she kept to so now I have a Boarder Terrier pup. It does get easyer as the pup grows up.

5. Redice

Redice PetForums Senior

Hi and welcome. I remember those first few weeks very well. It is 'all hands on deck' and your life revolves around the puppy for a while. However, although it seems at the time that the manic puppy phase will go on forever it is surprising how quickly it passes, given you several months of relative peace before the 'Kevin phase' strikes!:eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice