Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

First time for everything!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by harley bear, Apr 3, 2011.

1. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

Well we went to church today to see ki sing in their mothersday service. I was dreading going this morning, we got there on time and the boys were golden until half way through and they started playing up! Straight away someone told us not to worry and that they were used to kids in the church and we were all more than welcome. We didnt sing because we didnt know ANY of the songs :eek: The kids had a great time singing which was great.
    After the service we went through to the area where they hold the playgroup and the boys played football why we had a coffee and a chat to everyone, they were all so nice and welcoming ...to be fair it was like a different world to what we are used to!

Anywhoo me and oh had never been before and were dreading it! After giving it a shot and really enjoying everyones company we will be regular visitors to our local church:D
    I honestly cant believe how nice the people were!:rolleyes:

2. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

Glad you enjoyed it!

What type of church did you attend?

3. francesandjon

francesandjon PetForums VIP

Glad to hear that you found it a positive experience.

I think a lot of people are put off from going as they think that church stuff is really religious, but in reality they do a lot of different things.

P.S - I'm not a regular church goer, but hate to think people have the wrong idea about churches.

4. harley bear

Its a methodist church, I was amazed at how relaxed it was and welcoming they all were.

5. harley bear

Well im not religious if im honest and have never given church a thought but we both really enjoyed it and the kids had a fab time.

6. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

My brother preaches at a methodist church and I was also intrigued at how relaxed everyone was. None of the pomp or breaking of biscuits. None of the ceremony or shaking of incense. Just people having a nice time.

If more churches were like that they'd probably be more popular...like a community center with a religious mission statement.

:)

7. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

This is what the majority of churches I have been to are like. Christianity is such an open minded faith that half the people in one church can think completely different to the other half yet none of it is wrong etc.

Glad you had a nice time, its nice when you don't feel pressured as in uh oh the kids are playing up how shall I react..!

8. harley bear

I must say from what i saw today its really opened my eyes! Im really considering making it a regular thing and bringing the boys up in that environment. Everyone was was so lovely and welcoming they even had a kids corner with drawing pads and pens so the kids could play during the service.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice