Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

First time cat owner...what to feed?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by NightMare1, Apr 2, 2011.

1. NightMare1

NightMare1 PetForums Newbie

Nightmare is my first cat and I have no clue what is good cat food? I have a shih tzu and she is on wellness, would that be good for him too?

2. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Hello there NightMare1, welcome to the forum. You are in the US, right? So, while I could talk to you about cat food in the UK until you lose your will to live, I am not that clued up about the variety of food you get in the US - though wellness is regarded as a good food as far as I have seen. Have a look on sites such as the catsite - they have some very knowledgeable people who can advise you re your US choices.

However, I would always suggest that people feed wet food, not dry food.

Hope that helps.

3. bug_girl

bug_girl PetForums Junior

Just go to your local pet shop/supermarket and look through the ranges of food they have. Look on the back of the tins and try to find the ones with the highest meat content (within your budget).

Pick a selection and see which ones kitty prefers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice