Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

First Signs???

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Callie, May 26, 2010.

1. Callie

Callie PetForums Senior

Day 62
    Did Amber temp at 8am and it was 36.9 then again at 9.45 and 10.45 and it was 37. She is not eating but then that is nothing new especially in the morning. No other signs so far and her temp is usually low 37 in the morning.

All the best for the surgery Tanya. Feel better soon.

2. greyrockinghorse

greyrockinghorse PetForums Junior

Looks like you and i are in for the same sort of day today, the race is on as to who will pup first:D What breed is your dog? Is that the lowest your girls temp has been so far?

3. Callie

Callie PetForums Senior

Yes been reading your thread too.
    Lowest temp so far (except for firts day when i didn't do it right!!)
    She is a golden retriever and pregancy has been really hard due to her having very little appetite.
    What about you?
    How is your dog doing and what breed is she?

How did you get photo on? Got some spare time so might try to do it although so far I have only managed to put 2 photos on my album and can't get them to show as a profile or anything like what you have done??

#3 Callie, May 26, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
  4. greyrockinghorse

Ok the only way i know how is by using photobucket. Join there, it's free and easy. Load your pics on to your desktop on your computer, then go back on to photobucket and upload them from your computer in to your album. Once you can see your pics in your album open a tab to keep photobucket open. Write your post on here then open a tab for here too. Go back to photobucket and put your mouse over the pic you want to post, under the pic will be a drop down hold over the img code and it will highlight, copy it then go back to your post on here and paste. The whole of the image code must be there or your pic won't work. Sounds long winded i know and maybe there is a better way someone else may be able to advise. If i can do it anyone can believe me. Pepper is a Parson terrier, i've put 2 more pics on my post. No problems so far apart from the sore tummy but it's better today. Eating ok and all is normal, only slower:)

5. Callie

Callie PetForums Senior

Haven't go a clue what I am doing with these photos.
    Just about to do temp again.

Yeh it worked! That only took me 2 hours

Attached Files:

#5 Callie, May 26, 2010
  6. greyrockinghorse

yeah thats great well done:thumbup: Aww she looks a lovely dog, got the same fed up look that pepper has in that first pic. Her temp was 37.8 earlier thats the highest it's ever been, so i've had both extremes today:( wish it would happen, i feel so lazy, just following her around. However, i have done all my ironing so thats a new one for me:D Kepp up the updates!

7. BeagleOesx

BeagleOesx PetForums VIP

Awww, how fed up does Amber look in that first picture, she looks like she's saying 'Mum I wish it was these pups would hurry up!!' She is beautiful and I can't wait to see the lovely pups she has. Fingers crossed she isn't much longer to being a mummy.

8. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

She is really typey. I hope you show her, I think she'd do really well, I have judged them.

9. Callie

Callie PetForums Senior

Hi Tanya ,
    Hope op went ok and nice to see you back with us.
    No we don,t show her yet although she does have very srtong lines and the people whos stud we used were very impressed with her and her lines.
    Might consider showing in the future but getting the time is hard at the mo as my kids are still young but never say never.
    Anyway her temp went down this morn to 36.9 but has crept back up and is now 37.6 and it has tended to be lower in the morning,
    Not eaten much today and been pretty stretched out. No other signs. day 63 tom.

10. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

Was she progetserone tested?

11. Callie

Callie PetForums Senior

No. What is this? Sorry to be ignorant!

Just googled it. She had a slip mating on the 25th March and a tie on the 26th(if this helps).

#11 Callie, May 26, 2010
  12. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

Don't worry ts not a health test, its just so you know what day of ovulation is so you know when she is officially due. If you breed from her again I highly recommend it. Was she mated 3 times? don't let her go past day 64 from last mating without vet attention. I would ask for a scan too just to make sure everything is ok. I always progesterone test as my vet never lets them go over day 64 as 63 days is always the maximum day of gestation. from ovulation, so anything longer is a sign of problems, but as you cannot be sure when ovulation was you need to keep an eye on her by scans. Don't worry I am just letting you kno so youl don't end up with the problems these have been having in here because the ignorant vet has let them go on too long :)

13. Callie

Callie PetForums Senior

If no sign by morning I will contact the vet anyway as I want to prepare them and it is a bank holiday weekend so want to make sure I have covered everything. One good thing is I have help and advice from the stud owner who only lives 5 minutes away and has bred retrievers for years so that is a wee help. Should I be doing her temp every 2 hours tonight or every hour?

14. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

Sorry its taking me ages to reply I am so high lol. If you notice a drop do it every hour. if not every 2-3 including through night

15. Callie

Callie PetForums Senior

ok. Off to bed.
    Hope you sleep well....can I have some of what you are on...might help me relax!!!:)

16. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

LMAO... I'm fighting sleep like crazy lol

17. Lucylewis0

Lucylewis0 PetForums VIP

how are things today????

18. Callie

Callie PetForums Senior

Had a pretty restless night up until about 4ish.
    She was pretty agitated and drank some water then kept making noises like hicups and could hear her tummy rumbling. Thought at that point she might be sick but wasnt.Temp at 12,2 and 5 stayed about 37.5 but it has dropped this morning to 36.8 but although this is the lowest it has been it does tend to go down about 8ish.
    Not sure if this is a sign or not.
    Will take temp again at 9.

19. Lucylewis0

Lucylewis0 PetForums VIP

Once temp has droppeed it will stay dropped, so hopefullly next reading should be low x

20. Callie

Callie PetForums Senior

temp gone up a bit. 36.8 then 36.9 now 37.1.
    Not eating and refused an ice cube which is not like her!!!
    The waiting is a killer!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice