Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

first signs of pregnancy

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by Honeybunch, May 3, 2010.

1. Honeybunch

Honeybunch PetForums Member

Hi there I know my female Honey definately mated 2 weeks ago as I witnessed 2 actual noisy matings! and I was at work for rest of the day so obviously she could have mated numerous times! This was actually her first heat even though she is 14 months old. Is she likely to be pregnant and are there any early signs I can look out for? The day after I witnessed the matings she went off heat.I know her nipples may pink up but at 2 weeks this might be a little early. I do think that her coat looks softer and healthier but this may be me imagining things! She is a norweigan forest cross so has semi long hair.She seems more affectionate and when I stroke her she keeps adopting the lordosis position with her bum in the air!! like she did when on heat. Is this normal if a cat is pregnant?? or do u think she may not be pregnant and will therefore be coming into heat again soon. Im a little confused! :confused::
    Thanks!

#1 Honeybunch, May 3, 2010
    Last edited: May 4, 2010
  2. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

They do still stick the butt in the air at certains times. Poppys first signs wer drinking more, eating more, nicer coat, sleeping more, more affectionate but other than that I think you have to wait for the pink nipps at da7y6 18-21.

3. Honeybunch

Ok thanks for advice will just have to wait a bit longer then!!:lol:

4. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

With my queen , also named honey ( great name !) As soon as she came from stud she was eating and drinking loads more than usual , I also noticed from the start she was sheding more of her coat, she pinked up on day 20! Also for those who "know" me my rosie looks to have pinked up now too! Happy days for ameekamanx
    Julie x

#4 purrlover, May 4, 2010
    Last edited: May 4, 2010
  5. Honeybunch

ooh how exciting so you definately have a litter on the way! I do think she has been drinking more, we're only on day 15 but am keeping fingers crossed she will pink up soon!

6. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

I agree with coat changes! One of my girls had softer more lux coat a week after mating.

Is that Honey in your avatar?? She is gorgeous :thumbup: Who is Dad? Is he similar colour?

I am looking forward to all the updates!

xx

7. Honeybunch

Hi yes thats her in my avatar. Dad is a brown tabby shorthair my friends tom. Shes a norweigan forest cross lots of friends asked if I would have some kittens as they love her.Im just going to let her have one litter and then get her spayed. I know lots of people dont approve of breeding moggies on here but I am very caring about my cats (I have 3 moggies and 2 British shorthairs) and have prospective homes for any kittens Honey may have. I will worm, deflea and vaccinate my kittens before they go to new homes also. Her coat definately looks softer so I am praying she is pregnant!

8. Honeybunch

Hi all just an update today is day 18 and have just managed to look at Honey's nipples and they are pink! so looks like we will have kittens in 6 weeks time!:smilewinkgrin:

purrlover likes this.
  9. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Yay! Congratulations! :thumbup:

10. Honeybunch

Thanks! will keep you posted its a waiting game now which you know all about lol! Have a feeling tonight maybe the night for you. Im working a long day tomorrow so I expect when I come on here that Poppy will have had kittens fingers crossed! x

11. Honeybunch

HI all as it now seems that Honey is pregnant I was just wondering if anyone can recommend a good book about pregnancy in cats? As this is my first time want to make sure I know what to expect etc.. I have watched some births on youtube but I was yelling at the screen as this woman was interfering way too much pushing her cat down when she was contracting. Had to turn it off so I thought a book may be more informative. Any suggestions will be gratefully received thanks!:)

12. purrlover

My bible is the complete book of cat breeding by dan rice I find it really informative and really easy to red , a good section on pregnancy and birth too , hope this helps , julie x

13. Honeybunch

Many thanks Julie will have a look for this on the net. went to my library today but they had nothing! Hope your Honey is doing ok with her pregnancy x

14. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

The Book of the Cat is a good one, get it on Amazon for 2p!

15. Honeybunch

Really 2p!! a bargain will have a look for that now! Many thanks x

16. purrlover

ive just ordered mine .. didnt get it for 2p though.. it was 4 pound something inc del so still no that bad :)
    julie

17. malibu

malibu Guest

I first noticed how Tia went really affectionate and kept coming up for cuddles, about 2 weeks later her teets started coming out and turning pink, she is now 7 and a half weeks :)

18. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Mine was around £3.00 including postage. :)

19. purrlover

hi malibu how big is Tia now , my honey is nearly 6 weeks and i think shes really big 5 weeks honey 001.jpg
    julie x

Acacia86 likes this.
  20. malibu

malibu Guest

I've posted a video of her so you'll see her there :) I don't think shes majorly big 2bh! x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice