UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And it was great!

There's a big field at the back of our house and we've spent a while running around it together, on lead.

Tonight we tried it off-lead.... only running between me and my daughter, back and forth a few times and he was great! :thumbup:

We both loved watching him running 'free' and made the distance further each time. He didn't run off - just round and round us. Well, until he found a small patch on the ground he sniffed and then rolled in... yes, it was a bit of poo...:rolleyes: Back home for a wash it was!

Made a really nice walk considering I had to drag my 8 year old out the door 'I don't WANT to go out'... she had a ball!! Going to keep at it... there and other places, of course. Didn't see any other dogs but kept eyes open for them and other people all the time.

Just thought I'd share!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Glad it went well, it is always nerve wracking the first time - even when you know the area safe etc.

I now try to ensure Trigger gets off lead every walk - he seems to love it so much more.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! It was lots of fun if a little nerve-wracking! :)

And, yes, it's much better for exercise for him - as much as I like running with him, I'm not really very 'fit' and get out of breath! Plus if he runs in a different direction and catches me off-guard then he can get a bit pulled on his collar.. which isn't fun for him or me :(
Hopefully we'll spend more and more time off-lead and he can get as worn out as I will watching him! :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.