Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

First Pet Dog - American Bulldog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by cherrytrifle, Mar 10, 2021.

1. cherrytrifle

cherrytrifle PetForums Newbie

Hi Everyone, i am new to this site and will be getting our first family pet in 3 weeks - who will be an 8 week old american bulldog. I have done lots of reading about them, but always think those who have experience with them in a practical sense can offer any advice and knowledge the best.
    So, can anyone share any best tips, advice or information so i can give him the best possible care :)

2. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

I'd start by making sure you get your AmBull from a reputable breeder. This breed in particular struggles in that department. Have you read through the stickies on how to buy a puppy responsibly?

What attracts you to this breed? You say first 'pet' dog, do you have dog owning experience?

Finally, think about what you can offer to a dog, particularly this breed. What is it about you, your home and your circumstances that make you a good home for an AmBull?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice