Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

First NI order recommendation?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by chinafish, Oct 14, 2013.

1. chinafish

chinafish PetForums Junior

Hi all,

I've had my little April and June for just over 3 weeks, and have successfully switched them from Felix pouches and dry, over to NI / canned. Yes! :thumbup:

June is the less fussy eater and have eaten pretty much everything I've put down for her. April will have a sniff at anything unfamiliar, and come back to the kitchen, sit at my legs and meows to ask for something else. She soon gets the message that what I've put down is all there is and she begrudgingly goes back to eat her food. :D

Question 1: I've been doing half raw half canned because June seems to be a bit constipated when on raw only. Should I carry on half raw half canned or persevere with full raw?:confused:

Question 2: I've been getting the NI from a local vets', but I think it's time for me to start doing direct order. (Cue eating/chucking human food to make way for cat food). Noticed the offer on the front page of NI of recommend a friend. Does someone want to recommend me?

Thanks,
    Fish

2. chinafish

By the way the canned food I have tried so far are:

Animonda Carny -- chicken & beef, turkey & rabbit. More flavours to try
    Cosma trial pack -- they will eat it, but since only the tuna is complete, I will not be buying more
    Schesir -- tuna & ham, tuna & beef. Again they will eat but didn't realise I'm not suppose to feed tuna all the time when I ordered. These are currently weekend treat foods.

My zooplus order arrived this morning so will be trying in the next few weeks:
    Catz Finefood trial pack (Chicken & Pheasant, Poultry & Prawns, Lamb & Buffalo, Game & Ocean Perch, Beef & Duck, Chicken & Tuna)
    Feringa trial pack (Chicken with Squash & Catmint, Rabbit with Parsnips & Catmint, Beef with Cottage Cheese & Valerian, Lamb with Potatoes & Cat Thyme)
    Grau trial pack (Turkey & Lamb, Chicken & Veal, Turkey, Salmon & Mackerel, Rabbit, Beef & Duck, Poultry & Ocean Fish)
    Bozita Duck in Jelly, and Reindeer in Gravy (for a bit of variety!)

I'd like to make sure they will eat some canned food just in case I run out of raw for whatever reason.

3. chinafish

Anyone??? I'm pretty sure there are users on this forum who order from NI who could do with a £10 discount?

Pretty please someone???

Thanks!!

4. Jesthar

Jesthar PetForums VIP

Hi,

If you're having constipation issues on NI, have you thought about giving Nutriment raw food a try? I had to stop feeding NI (I was also doing a two days raw, two days tins rotation) after I nearly ended up making an emergency vet trip with my girl, she was so constipated she was panting like a queen trying to give birth and in so much distress. When she finally managed to go it was like concrete and abolutely HUGE, poor lass...

NI were no help at all, but I did manage to work out that the reason is because their cat recipes are far too bone heavy. I and others with similar problems were promised further information following their own analysis, but that was months ago and nothing so far, so I haven't had the confidence to go back to them since.

No such problems with Nutriment so far, though, and their customer service is fab too :) My girl didn't like the salmon, but loves the chicken and the beef.

~Jes

5. chinafish

I don't think it was full blown constipation, but I did notice that June looked like she had to put more "effort" into the movement..! I noticed a little bit of redness on the poo, wasn't sure if it was blood, hence was a little bit worried. I then did tinned food for dinner, and the blood hasn't been seen ever since.

Thanks, I'll give Nutriment a look!

6. chinafish

Jesthar -- do you know if Nutriment only do direct order or do they have pet shop stockists?

7. Jesthar

Jesthar PetForums VIP

They are a relatively new company, so still working on a network of stockists. They usually respond pretty quickly on their FB page though if you have that, or to e-mails, and although I have never phoned them others have reported their staff very helpful.

FB page is here: https://www.facebook.com/nutrimentraw?fref=ts

Website is here: Contact Us

~Jes :)

8. chinafish

Thank you!!!

9. Joy84

Joy84 PetForums VIP

Phoebe eats mix of raw and canned every day <not in one bowl of course> and never had any issues.
    She has NI, Nutriment and wild rabbit from Paddypaws ;)
    I only bought NI in pet shop, so can't help with discount tho.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice