Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

first meet

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Georgies Mum, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Georgies Mum

Georgies Mum PetForums Member

So I decided to just for it. I put Tinks in a different room and let Georgie smell the room she had been in. Now I've got Tinks in a pet carrier in the living room and Georgie is sniffing her. She hissed twice but now is just watching her. I'm on my own tonight so dont want to let them out together but I think this is a good step in the right direction!

2. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

Well done on your first steps.. poor Georgie,,, who is this stranger smelling her house out............:eek:
    Take it slowly and when Georgie excepts that Tinks mummy isn't coming along to duff Georgie up they will settle down and hopefully be friends.. Get feliway in, it made a big difference to my girls.. good luck and keep us posted.. pic's is a must xx

3. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

I could agree more with ewelsh, feliway is perfect for creating a relaxed environment which will make the introductions run a bit smoother. I'm happy that you've decided to let them greet each other a bit earlier than you planned :) Paws crossed all goes well!

4. Ingrid25

Ingrid25 PetForums VIP

:) hope it all goes well

5. Georgies Mum

So we have been opening the door to the spare room about 2 inches and Tinks and Georgie have been batting eachothers paws. No hissing,no claws out and when I close the door,they both scratch it and now they are both meowing,either side of the door. Shall I just go for it? My OH is apprehensive but I want to jump in feet first. Let them have supervised play in the evenings then let Tinks still sleep in her safe haven? What do we think? X

6. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

I would go for it and let them come face to face. Do you have a thick glove you can wear on one hand? It might sound a bit OTT, but if they 'were' to go for eahother you can scruff Tinks and pull her out of harms way without your hand being savaged!

And you can arm yourself with a spray bottle to correct their behavior towards eacother too. From the sounds of it they are just curious to get a good sniff of one another :)

7. Georgies Mum

Done :thumbup:. I just waited for my oh to get hone and opened the door. They were wary and had a few punches,without claws,and have just been running around. Got a bit boisterous so I've separated them now but I think it went well. Yay :D

8. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

Great news! You can breathe a sign of relief :)

9. Georgies Mum

Tinks has now been running around the living room. Georgie still unsure and got her paw up ready to punch but Tinks is defo holding her own. I'm so pleased :D:D

10. sarahecp

sarahecp Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks

:) Pleased it went well and a good sign of no hissing :)

11. spacedementia

spacedementia PetForums Member

This is great news!
    I'm so hopeful that sometime soon I can consider a playmate for Charlie :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice