Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

First Horse

Discussion in 'Horse and Equestrian Classifieds' started by DressageGal, Jun 6, 2010.

1. DressageGal

DressageGal PetForums Newbie

Responsible 21 year old looking for a 15.1hh - 16.2hh for permanent loving home. Would like something aged between 5 & 10, to primarily compete in dressage but also to do local jumping and hack. Colour, gender and breed are unimportant. I have been 'out of the saddle' for 3 years, so would like something safe and sensible but not a kick along. Ideally a forward going confidence giver! I have completed BTEC Diploma's and BHS Stage 1 and would now like to progress up the ladder with a horse of my own.
    Up to £4000. Located in yorkshire, willing and able to travel.

2. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

I know of a wonderful 4 year old mare for sales. She's coloured around 16hh and the most geniune kind girlie!! She's been backed 6 months and proving herself as a sensible fun ride. She's jumping small heights but we're thinking she will excell at dressage and showing as so far she's got highly placed at all show's she's done. Entering a CHAPS qualifier in 2 weeks which we think she'll do okay in. She's also been shown in Hunter trails and was highly commended by the judge.

She's proved herself to be extreamly sensible and calm, went hacking with her last week and my mad cob decided he was going to bolt off across the field and Nora watched him go and sedately cantered after him once her rider asked her too. She's 100% confidence giver and the only reason she's being sold is her owner is a Eventer and doesn't have time to bring Nora's jumping on. She will come on fabulously with the right rider and just needs pointing in the right direction, she's honest and a real trier. If I had the money I'd be extreamly temped by this girl!

If you pm me your phone number I will ask her owner to contact you if you are interested? The horse is in North Wales but they will be able to travel to somewhere more central to make it easier for you if necc.

3. animalhealthscience

animalhealthscience PetForums Newbie

Healthy hooves are key to preventing many diseases in horses that can lead to lesions and injuries. There is a direct link between dietary quality and rapid recovery of hoof wall injuries.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice