Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

First GCCF show tomorrow for Thomas

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by jo-pop, Jan 20, 2012.

1. jo-pop

jo-pop PetForums VIP

Hi, I'm posting these here as assume ot many of you venture in to the showing section but just wanted to say that its little Thomas' very first show tomorrow (Sat) and we are both very excited yet rather nervous so fingers crossed everybody. I'm not bothered about him doing well to be honest as he was aquired as a pet not for showing but its a bit of fun for us and a chance to see his daddy and his breeder again. Plus I am promised a cuddle with a Raggie and I can't wait to see so many of the breeds I have only ever seen in books.
    My main hope is that he doesn't find it a stressful day and enjoys the fuss from the judges. Fingers crossed for that pleased everyone!!

2. ChinaBlue

ChinaBlue PetForums VIP

Leave your white blanket out tonight for him to sleep on or just to get the smell of your "house" on as it may help him settle better in the pen tomorrow if he has some familiar scent around him. Have you some pet disinfectant to wipe the pen down with before you put him in?

3. jo-pop

jo-pop PetForums VIP

Fab idea, i will do that. Yes i have antibacterial gel and a cloth for cleaning the pen before I put him in, plus for my hands in case I get offered cuddles :)

4. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Good Luck Thomas Hope you both have a great day xx

5. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Good luck! :) And try to enjoy it!

6. rcmadd

rcmadd PetForums VIP

see you there hopefully..:D

7. sarahecp

sarahecp Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks

Good luck Thomas and JP and have a great day :) xx

8. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

good luck!! remember to take some anti-bac with you and ask to stroke the cat I said lol! :laugh:

just enjoy yourself and take in all the cat yummy-ness! :laugh:

9. jo-pop

jo-pop PetForums VIP

The "velvet" feel one? ;)

10. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

Jo, if you can, try and get there nice and early too. I do this as it gives my cats lots of time to get over any initial nervousness before judging starts. If you're there early, you set up without stress and you can spend a lot of time making a big fuss of your boy in his pen so that he looks at it as a really good place. Both of mine really enjoy showing, and I think this sort of preparation has helped them get very comfortable in the show environment. I always wash my white blankets in the washing powder I use for my bedding, and it seems to make them feel very secure indeed.

Don't forget to bring your boy's favourite small toy for him to play with in the afternoon... It can get very boring for the wee ones if they don't have anything to bat around.

Do let us all know how it goes!

11. jo-pop

jo-pop PetForums VIP

Thanks Carly. I've got 2 White blankets and I have got them in bed with me tonight so they have my scent on them tomorrow. I plan to arrive about 8am, would that be about right?

12. Oscars mam

Oscars mam PetForums VIP

Good luck Thomas :) enjoy x

13. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

I will be thinking of you.

Hope you and Thomas have a great day :D

[​IMG]

14. Mummy of Jaffe Joffer

Mummy of Jaffe Joffer PetForums VIP

Good Luck!!! I hope you and Thomas have a lovely day. I look forward to reading about it :D X

15. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

I cant remember the times now! Your be excited and worried! make sure you get the program and see who your botys up against :laugh: Go and take a peek at them!

It'll be a long day but your love looking at all the cats and chatting to others :) let me know how you get on!!! :)

16. martap

martap PetForums Member

Are u gonna take any pics? Is it allowed? If so.. i cant wait to see them. hope Thomas does well he's a stunning boy :) good luck, have fun x

17. Ingrid25

Ingrid25 PetForums VIP

good luck! im hoping that leo will be show worthy so he can go to his first show..................... :p!

18. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

Ingrid, Leo is more than worthy to show as a household pet, even if he doesn't meet the pedigree standard. Don't forget that any cat can be shown as a household pet as long as they're neutered and have a good personality.

Jo, 8 AM is perfect, although it'll be too late for you to read this now, given that it's definitely past 8 AM! Hope you've had a wonderful day. Don't forget to tell us the results!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice