UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got two bengal kittens home today. i am a bit concerned that they have not touched the food or water.
is it due to the stress and 2 hrs road journey from the breeder?
they are from the different litters, 13 weeks and hissing at each other. how long will it take them to get along?

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Is there any way you can keep them separate at first? I think intros are usually better if done over a few days. Though I have never had 2 kittens. Make sure everything is quiet and calm for them. Make sure they have access to food, water and litter tray. I know there are much more experienced people than me on the forum. I am sure you will get more advice. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the breeder advised them to put them in one room. they were cuddling in a carrier while transported in the car.
put them in the separate room with beds, litter trays, food and water.
i hope they will have a good night sleep and tomorrow will be better

·
Mentored by Meeko
26,455 Posts
got two bengal kittens home today. i am a bit concerned that they have not touched the food or water.
is it due to the stress and 2 hrs road journey from the breeder?
they are from the different litters, 13 weeks and hissing at each other. how long will it take them to get along?
You say they are from different litters but are from the same breeder.Were they "together" and used to each other with the breeder,if not then you will have to do slow intro's .If they are not used to each other then I would put them in different rooms with litter tray/food bed ect and follow the intro guide as though they were total strangers .........
http://messybeast.com/first-impressions.htm
.Kittens dont get on much better than older cats if they have never met before.

The change of home/journey ect will have upset them,so it will all take time to settle down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.