Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fingers crossed for new fur baby inc!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Riverwish, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Riverwish

Riverwish PetForums Member

So I managed to persuade OH to go up to the rescue centre this afternoon to see about the little bengal cat I had fallen in love with.

She was absolutely gorgeous but she wasn't allowed to go to a home that already had another cat :( I was a bit gutted but we had a wander around and on the way out I spotted this gorgeous ginger and white cutie :rolleyes: his name is Oscar and he is 8, he has his front teeth missing so if he's not watching himself his tongue hangs out :001_wub::001_wub: soo cute!

So anyhow we reserved him. I just have to get permission from my landlord to keep another kitty, fingers crossed, wish me luck!

2. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

Awww good luck xxx

let us know how it turns out xxx

3. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

good luck...;););)

4. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

good luck .surely his age will be in your favour though eh? thats oscars age no the landlord! lol :D
    hope its good news
    julie x

5. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

aww sorry to hear about that, glad you picked out another cutie though!! hope the LL says yes! :)

6. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

AAwwww GOOD LUCK fingers and paws crossed for you x

7. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Ah our boys called Oscar . Good luck with land lord .Ours has been very good we have a cocker 2 guinea pigs and now a cat. He did ask for a extra 100 pounds securrity that was in case we needed to clean carpets after we are gone. But we would do that anyhow.

8. Dozymoo

Dozymoo PetForums VIP

Good luck with your new boy! I bet you can't wait to bring him home! ;) xx

9. Riverwish

Ours is through an agency so they have to ask the LL on our behalf. We had to pay £175 extra deposit when we got Aber and agree to clean carpets, but as you said we'd do that anyway when we leave.

Hopefully he'll say yes, he didn't really want to say yes the first time but he did anyway. We've invited him to come and see the house to show that we're looking after it and the cat hasn't ruined it.

I really hope he does say yes, I think Aber is lonely so it will do him good to have a friend :)

10. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

Fingers and paws crossed here for you that you can get Oscar. Its great you are going for an older cat, esp with no front teeth, rather than the younger cats.

11. Riverwish

He seems to be a perfect match for Aber, he was even sleeping in the same compartment (for want of a better word) at the shelter that Aber was when we visited him. Aber is 10 and also has bad teeth, except he has no back ones ;)

We would like a young cat but not until we have our own house, a bit scared the little ones would rip the place apart and then the LL would have a problem then ;) The older ones seem to be much more chilled too, they are both so lazy and laid back. I also feel quite bad as they seem to stay at the shelter a lot longer, poor things.

12. Riverwish

YES!!! the landlord has FINALLY agreed although somewhat reluctantly... Good thing really as i've already bought him a nametag! Good timing too as the rescue centre were going to take him off reserve tomorrow.

This is the E-mail I got :p

'Hi Miss Morgan
    I have now had confirmation that the Landlord will accept the 2nd cat at the property. He has told me to make it clear that he will not accept any other pets at the property. I will send you out a new pets letter in the post today.
    Regards'

Whoops :smilewinkgrin:

But yay!

I managed to save this piccie off the rescue site, it's not a good one, I think they woke him up to take it :rolleyes: but here is my new little man, you can just about see his tongue hanging out :001_wub: hopefully we can go and get him on Saturday :D

[​IMG]

Sooo excited!

13. tylow

tylow PetForums VIP

Thats great news bet you can't wait till saturday :)

14. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

AAAwwwwww great news :thumbup:Congratulations bet your really excited ! He is gorgeous :D x

15. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

Yay!!! Pictures of Oscar asap when you get him home please.

16. Riverwish

Will do :)

The fun begins now I suppose with the introductions :)

17. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

Yup - & thats a whole new thread! If you do a search for this on the forum you'll find loads of advice on introductions (assuming you don't already know how to do this).

Have fun on Saturday.

18. Riverwish

Have been reading through a lot of the old ones and am hoping I have it sussed :)

Have kept the spare room door shut for the last 2 weeks so Aber is used to not going in there, this is where Oscar will be staying until we are ready for face to face intros :) Have also been putting Aber outside during the day for the same amount of time and he's happy in this new routine now. This means I can let Oscar have the run of the house during the day whilst he's not allowed out.

We've also kept the t-shirts we wore when we were playing with Oscar at the shelter and Aber has had these in his bed for a while and i'll take one of Abers blankets with us in the carrier when we get Oscar. Fingers crossed it will be fine. Slow and steady, no rush for them to meet :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice