Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

finding dog handler

Discussion in 'Dog Shows and Events' started by Okami, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Okami

Okami PetForums Newbie

Hi guys, does anyone no of any good dog handlers around the north east area i seem to be hitting a brick wall with this?

2. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Have you tried your local ringcraft someone might be able to handle your dog there? But there's not really a system of pro handlers here like there is the US

3. ridgeback05

ridgeback05 PetForums Senior

Why dont you want to handle yourself?

4. Ditsy42

Ditsy42 PetForums VIP

would suggest asking at your local ringcraft classes, my breeders daughter handles mine, she also does junior handling, an watching them makes me so proud, young handlers could certainly teach adult handlers a thing or 2 in the ring :D

What breed do u have?

5. Whatabout a junior handler - am told their isan abundance of those looking for dogs to handle! maybe I am off track here in that this is not what you are looking for!

6. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

Where in the North East are you - do you mean Scotland?
    What do you need a handler for? Is it ringcraft or a problem?
    What breed are we talking about? :001_smile:

7. Okami

Okami PetForums Newbie

hi guys, thanks for the replys! I have akita inu's but can not even get to ringcraft due to work commitments and its really set me back and knocked all my plans right out the window!
    I live in the tyne and wear area around 20 minutes from newcastle upon tyne.
    My male is busy being shown abroad and is showing unreal potential and will need and very good handler when coming over to the uk in a few month
    My bitch has been to some obediance classes but will need a bit work at ringcraft but she picks up things very fast and i just wanted to give her a shot at the ring
    heres my website so you can have a look at the dogs
    I have spent alot of time money and effort getting particular bloodlines and the dogs are my life (apart from my job ,which i need of corse)
    any help is more than welcome and i am willing to pay if someone is prepared to travel
    regards okami
    Home - Okami-Kennels :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice