Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Find it game

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by tinaK, Sep 22, 2013.

1. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

Just played the find it game with the girls.

Clover caught on quite quickly, but Daisy just sat there watching, and nicking the treats when Clover found them. :p

Poor Clover :D

2. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

You've made me chuckle - I used to walk Ben a lot with one of my pals who has a Rottie.

We'd chuck things in the sea and she would pelt in and get them ..... and Ben would pinch them off her when she got back with them!

3. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

Agree with Lilylass. You've made me chuckle too. Something Milly would do too. I usually practice 1-2-1 Find It sessions for that reason. Max can now be shut out of a room, released into it and go straight into search mode. He can check a variety of different levels/surfaces too.

Lock Milly out of the room, release her into the room .. and she does the canine equivalent of standing there scratching her head, proving even canine cheats learn nothing :lol:

4. Halo

Halo PetForums Junior

i used to love playing find it with my dobe!! he was friggin brilliant. i used to use one of our socks, show it him, lock him out the room and god i used to put it in hard places, on shelves really high, stuffed down the couch, i remember we even stuffed it in a tube off the cat scratcher, you name it he found it and his tail would go like crazy he LOVED IT :D

5. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

wish mine were that clever - though Daisy's great with the wobbler, and Clover just looks at me as to say yeah now what :D

6. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

I think the key is they have to love it. I know Max does ... Milly prefers the toy version "Where is..." and can identify the ball and kong.

How are you feeling today CM? I've just been updating myself on the Struggling thread.

7. Grace Bob

Grace Bob PetForums Senior

I do that with Bob with his treats put him in kitchen and hide his treats in diffence place in the living room he loves trying to find them.

8. VickynHolly

VickynHolly PetForums VIP

I play find the ball with Holly, she loves it!. She always wags her tail while we play. I also hide her ball in her blanket, I wrap the blanket around the ball so it is not easy for her. Helps having a ball mad dog. She is always tired out afterwards and panting away.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice