Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Find Friends on the Iphone - does anyone use it?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sal1972, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Sal1972

Sal1972 PetForums Member

My husband and I run a business together; he is an engineer and I'm in the office. We've recently started up the Find Friends on our phones, which is really useful as I can see which job he's on or whether he's en-route somewhere.

It also means I can have a cuppa ready for when he gets in from work and I know when to have dinner ready, etc, etc.

The funny thing is, not one person that we've spoken to about it would want to be tracked like that and wouldn't even consider using Find Friends.

At the end of the day, we know where each other is anyway due to working together, and we have nothing to hide from each other; so to us it seems like a perfectly sensible thing to do.

I was just wondering if anyone else on PF uses it? We can't be the only ones, surely :D

2. Izzie

Izzie PetForums Senior

Yes, me and the OH use it. I often work late and it means I don't have to tell him when I'm on my way home without me having to constantly keep him updated.

My husband also has his dad and brother on his.

Our friends say we are mad and they wouldn't like their other half to know where they are all the time, but I have nothing to hide from my OH.

We don't constantly check up on each other either. Sometimes I forget we even have the app but it does come in handy from time to time

3. spoiltmadam

spoiltmadam PetForums Junior

I use it with my daughter as she lives in Tanzania and me in the UK, mind you she tripped up with it recently as she flew home for a surprise visit on the very day i checked it ...only to see it say she was at her sisters lol. So a surprise it was not.

4. Sal1972

Sal1972 PetForums Member

Ditto! :D I'm so glad I'm not the only one - I was beginning to think that it wasn't the done thing to know where your OH is during the day :w00t:

What a shame it spoilt the surprise . . I bet it was still lovely to see her though! :D

5. spoiltmadam

spoiltmadam PetForums Junior

Oh it was indeed, especially as she has a baby due in a few weeks so is coming home on Nov 5th for 2 months to have it, excited is not the word.:w00t:

6. Sal1972

Sal1972 PetForums Member

That's fantastic, especially as she'll be there for Christmas!! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice