Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Finally something good!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by shetlandlover, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Me and the OH have been having problems recently because his M.E has been bad. Anyway today we had shopping delivered which is always a good start to a day, then we nipped out to my grandparents on the way back coming into the village there is a "Garden center" or at least it calls itself that. My granddad mentioned that it sold food.....so we ventured in!

Garden center? No.....Heaven more like!

Farm shop, butchers, cafe, childrens toys (good solid stuff too so could buy some for my little brother Sam) and then a little bit of garden stuff.

In the farm shop they had LOADS of gluten free, dairy free stuff so the OH can eat some more stuff. Cake mixes, small cakes and bread mixes. My OH has not had a "choice" of foods for a long time.

Got talking to the butcher who offered us money off any meat we buy there. Which works out cheaper than what we usually buy AND offered the dogs a collection of bones...which I kindly turned down but he told me if I change my mind his offers still there. Haha.

The "garden center" is only at the edge of the village and is still very "farm" like. I would not have been able to tell it was anything other than a very....costly garden center.

Sadly because its only opened they have not had many people in according to staff.

Made my day!!

2. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

Wow sounds great!!

Why did you pass up on the bones? finding a butcher giving away bones -I would snatch his hand off :D:D

3. I dont feed bones. I feed chew bones but not real bones.
    I would offer to get them for you but they may stink by the time they get to you. :blink:

4. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

We have one like that near me, sadly it's a rival to our family run business so i don't spend my pennies there.

5. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

Ooh whats it called? I love little places like that :D

6. lifeizsweet

I thought all butchers gave away bones?! I've used a selection of them and they've never charged!

7. Funny you say that. The guy that owns the place is my granddads enemy, some argument they had years ago. But granddad thinks the place is great! Haha.

Carr Hall. :)

8. lifeizsweet

we get one with next door, just i don't want to line their pockets if i can help it! Gotta keep it in the family ;)

9. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

Just googled Carr Hall and up came the Castle Oooohh.. :001_wub:

Carr hall garden centre? Its not too far.. Yay :D might nip over weekend while out and about :)

10. For anyone wanting to go google street view has the wrong place.

[​IMG]

That's it.

They dont sell dog food (yet) and they dont allow dogs in. But there are some lovely walks near by. And they do some of the biggest slabs of meat I have ever seen!! :blink:

11. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

I think it's more of finding a butcher!!!

We do have one in my small town but it's very limited. A lot of pre packed stuff and just a small selection of stuff like chicken breasts, mince, sausages and bacon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice