Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Finally! Some Progress!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by IndysMamma, Feb 8, 2012.

1. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

Hi all

well we have had Biggles the spaniel pup for just over a week now - he spends most of his time in the kitchen as houstraining is not complete and also the teething! the kitchen units are ancient and horrible so not over fussed if he does chew them (though discouraged)

we have been doing the intros to the cats very slowly

Biggles is *amazing* and doesn't chase them or bark at them - just follows them around looking soulful

Have held him out to the mogs so he's totally restrained and they get to sniff him/sniff his bottom

Jiff adores him but not his habit of licking her so she keeps her distance

Mabel washed him, got washed in return and is now avoiding him

Loki sits and watches him for hours at a time but is very shy

Indy had been totally ignoring Biggles -and- me - very put out

Well yesterday, during the daily Biggles inspection - Indy tthoroughly sniffed him and patted him with a paw! and then today he came into the kitchen to see him!

we are getting there - slowly and it's going to take time but this is huge

:w00t: :eek: :w00t:

2. K337

K337 PetForums VIP

Aww congratulations! I've seen a few of the pics you've put up of Biggles and he is absolutely gorgeous. All four cats showing interest in a week sounds like good progress, although it's obviously a reflection on your hard work and Biggles good nature at not chasing or barking.

I'd love to hear more about how it goes. One day would like to introduce a pupster to my three :eek: :w00t: :eek:

3. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

I think the important part has been constant scent exchange and a puppy gate on kitchen door - Biggles is semi crate trained which helps

if he does get over excited and look like he wants to chase/bark we distract him with a squeaky toy

if all goes to plan then in around 3 months they should all be friends

4. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

As K337 has said it is a reflection of your hard work,patience and taking things at your cats/puppy's pace and not trying to speed things up.All sounds well on track:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice