Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Finally did it...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by rottiemum, Feb 18, 2013.

1. rottiemum

rottiemum PetForums VIP

Heehee...finally had the chance to ask someone if they needed a poo bag...:p

There's an older guy that walks a small terrier - always off the lead, nice dog though. And he never really watches her, so I'm quite certain he doesn't pick up.
    So I see her go to squat, and he's standing there, I get up next to him on the path and he makes like he's just going to walk away...:scared:

Quick as a flash, I pull a spare poo bag out of my pocket, hold it out and say 'Here you go, I've got an extra bag if you want to pick that up' :D
    Smiling all the time ;)
    So he says something about going over to his daughter's around the corner to get one; then seems to realise I'm holding it out to him, so he says 'Oh, is that an extra one?' and takes it.
    Then he makes small talk (in the form of 'oh, I never leave it' etc.) while walking over to it and fumbling with the bag...

I walked on, I should have watched to make sure he did it...
    Because - on the way back, I stopped to check, and sure enough - he hadn't picked it up...:mad:

What is wrong with people??? :(

2. hushtalk

hushtalk PetForums Senior

that is pure lazyness and he didnt have any excuse not to pick it up either. well done you for figuring that out,.. Maybe you should pick it up and next time you hand it to him,.. and say something like "you forgot something, but Im sure you got my spare bag,..can I have it back?"

3. missRV

missRV PetForums VIP

What a cheek! Well done to you for stopping him though; I can't believe he didn't pick it up.

4. rottiemum

rottiemum PetForums VIP

Ridiculous, isn't it?

I think he'll avoid me now...crazy poo bag lady...:p

I will watch him next time though.
    I'm actually quite happy that he didn't tell me where to go...;)

5. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

If you know where he lives id drop it on his front lawn. :p

6. rottiemum

rottiemum PetForums VIP

Unfortunately I don't - but it's a good idea ;)

7. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Someone kept letting their dog pee up our house.

I cuaght them once but thats another story :rolleyes:

Hubby was so chuffed when he learnt where they lived. Funnily enough after Hubby walked past them outside their house and said 'Good Morning' smiling like a prat we havnt had a problem since. :D They had an open plan front garden :rolleyes:

8. Shitzulover

Shitzulover PetForums Senior

We were in the park last week when it was wet and horrible. There was a guy ahead of us with a big dog (no idea what type) which was off lead and bounding around happily. He was ahead of us for ages then suddenly turned and headed our way. As he passed he was watching us so I smiled at him. Seconds after passing him I realised his dog was squatting by a bush and doing a very wet huge poo! Suddenly understood exactly why he'd turned the other way.

Its disgusting how people don't pick it up. We always pick up Bens. He was on a road walk yesterday and did one right by someones drive. We picked it up straightaway but I could just imagine the homeowners standing in the window saying 'i bet they leave it'.

9. gem88

gem88 PetForums VIP

i've done that in our local park, although thankfully they did pick it up.
    theres a girl walks an alsation round our village and never picks up, trouble is the dog barks like mad and tries to jump at you when you walk past with a dog so i've never tried as i dont know if i trust the dog which is a shame

10. rottiemum

rottiemum PetForums VIP

I'm always afraid someone will think she's pooing when she squats to pee. :eek:

Once I did forget poo bags, but I had a freezer bag with her treats in my pocket, so I emptied the treats into my pocket and used that instead. :cool:

11. sweetcharity

sweetcharity PetForums Member

I think the only way some people will pick it up, is after theyve been hit with an £80 fine.!!,

12. rottieboys

rottieboys PetForums Senior

When I walk my boys. The pavement has lots of poo.. I feel so ashamed I am sure people think it is from my boys. It is not. I always take mine home with me. But I remember when taking Diesel over the park one day,when this man had two dogs. Both was off lead both did their poos. He saw this but did nothing. I said excuse me very loud so the other dog walker could hear Your dogs has both done their business over here. He looked in his pockets and said sorry I have forgotten to bring any bags with me. I told him what I thought of him not coming out without bags. I only had one bag left with me so was unable to give him that....Never sure if Diesel has finish going or not. By the way.. can someone tell me how you get those pics at the bottom of your post. I spend a long time trying to upload my pics of my boys??? Thanks for any help.

13. rottieboys

rottieboys PetForums Senior

Sorry.... I guess it is working after all.

14. Nataliee

Nataliee PetForums VIP

I did that once to a large group of very young kids (too young to be walking alone IMO) with about 7 dogs between them and not a single poo bag on them. They did pick up the poo but I got abuse off them for days afterwards every time they saw me walking my dogs. I did consider calling the dog warden as walking lots of dogs without any poo bags became a regular thing for them but the parents of the kids were a bit dodgy so didn't want to risk it

15. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Administrator
    Staff Member

I saw a man with 2 BIG dogs this morning, both off lead, walking down a twitchel, and sure enough one of them sqatted - he didn't even notice !!!! Thought of catching him up and offering him a bag but I'm pretty sure he would have told me to f**** off ! They spoil it for us all, don't they ?
    A letter has been sent out from my grandson's primary school asking carers not to take dogs onto the premises as dog faeces have been found in the playground , what can you say abou tpeople who let their dogs foul there??!!

16. LahLahsDogs

LahLahsDogs PetForums VIP

Haha I did it once, and loved that smug satisfaction of knowing that I've made that man pick up his poo when he didn't want to :D I saw him walking ahead of his dog, and he looked round and saw the dog squat to poop. He quickly turned back round and pretended he hadn't seen. I shouted over though "'excuse me... your dog is pooping".. he went back over, fumbled around "ooohh but I don't have any bags". So I dash over waving a load.. "here.. I've got loads, take a few!!" :D Hahaha he looked so pissed off having to pick it up :D

Cheeky bugger for leaving it though!!..

#16 LahLahsDogs, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice