Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Finally, a car for dog owners

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Siskin, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Newly released X Trail, be still my beating heart

2. Nataliee

Nataliee PetForums VIP

Saw this earlier & the first thing that came to mind is where is the tailgate guard? :D

adamantis, Tacey and Siskin like this.
  3. Siskin

You want absolutely everything don't you.:D

Nataliee likes this.
  4. Nataliee

Nataliee PetForums VIP

Safety first :p

5. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

You can see it, it splits in two and folds sidewards not up.

Nataliee likes this.
  6. Nettles

Nettles PetForums VIP

I watched this on Facebook earlier. I absolutely NEED this car!

I don't suggest reading the comments on Facebook though :Banghead According to some of the replies, Nissan should be sued for making something for dogs rather than disabled people.. Nissan thinks dogs are more important than disabled people.. etc etc

7. tantrumbean

tantrumbean PetForums Senior

Loving the gadgets, like the integrated dog wash, but would definitely prefer it crated out!

8. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

Hmm? Those back seats would still have to go, the water and the feed bowl too, and I wonder what floor to roof height remains now the accessory storage drawers take up some of that initial area/space?

Maybe if the idea becomes popular they'll eventually do an aerodyne model for folks with really big dogs. ;)

Lurcherlad likes this.
  9. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

A bit OTT for me. I like the ramp, harness hooks and what looks like a padded floor though.

I think a couple of old towels and some stuff from home would do the rest.

Jack would still prefer the back seat though, me thinks! ;)

labradrk likes this.
  10. Sairy

Sairy PetForums VIP

That's true. You don't want to end up with this situation :Hilarious

marmaduke-is-so-cool.jpg

Kimmikins, Zaros and Lurcherlad like this.
  11. Zaros

Or maybe we should just teach dogs to drive their own specially adapted cars so that they could take themselves out for the day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

I've been seriously thinking about changing my car for one that's more "dog friendly" but have been told by the Grand Duchess that nothing less than a Rolls Royce will do for her so she can travel in the luxury she'd like to become accustomed to!

13. Zaros

Then may I introduce the ideal motor for her Royal Highness. The 'Celestial' Roller. The most expensive model Rolls Royce have ever produced (price on application)

[​IMG]
    That night sky you're seeing isn't a panoramic roof. It's hundreds and hundreds of inlaid (real) diamonds which also decorate the door trims and instrument panel (dashboard) in old money both you and I still couldn't afford.;)

Magyarmum likes this.
  14. labradrk

labradrk PetForums VIP

Agree. Not that I'll ever be able to afford something like that, if I hypothetically did, probably wouldn't use any of the stuff more than once anyway. Seems like some geek that likes gadgets has sat down in a board room and said "right, what useless crap can we put in here to bump the price up by a couple of grand......I know, let's put a two way video and audio system in, despite the fact the owners are actually about 4ft away anyway".

LinznMilly and Lurcherlad like this.
  15. Tacey

Tacey PetForums Senior

I think it looks awesome! :D I'd definitely need a divider and tailgate guard though. Not that I could ever afford it anyway!

16. steveshanks

steveshanks PetForums VIP

They need to round off the edges on that ramp......The 2nd gen X Trail isn't a million miles from being dog ready, it has the drawer and ramp slot built in, add some padding and do the washing at home and your done ;o)
    NissanX-TRAIL0611Int(3)_794_529_70.jpg

Lurcherlad and Magyarmum like this.
  17. Siskin

Must admit the slide away ramp and the shower are the two things that I thought were brilliant. Isla could probably jump in ok at the moment, but having had to heave large heavy dogs in to the back of a car for years and have the sore back to prove it, the ramp is clever. We did have a ramp for my last two Goldens, but the blimmin thing was heavy and cumbersome and what do you do with it when you're travelling and the back seats have people in them? The shower? Well anyone who has a dog that likes to wallow in mud and poo would appreciate that, a towel down doesn't help enough.
    The food dispenser, water bowl and two way tv thingy doesn't excite me much.

I recall looking at the X Trail a few years ago as we had one of the older ones with the squarer shape a long time ago which we really liked. I thought the newer version had grown a bit big which put us off. I do remember the the drawer and the slot below as in your picture @steveshanks but hadn't realised it was for a ramp, the salesman didn't mention that was what the slot was for, silly man we might have bought it.

Nettles, LinznMilly and Lurcherlad like this.
  18. steveshanks

Oh i'm not sure its for a ramp i just thought you could retro fit one........to be honest any car with a big boot could be sorted with a few sheets of marine ply and a jig saw :)

Lurcherlad likes this.
  19. Siskin

I'm sure if you're clever and inventive enough you could:D. Still leaves a heavy and cumbersome ramp to manipulate, I really do like the ability to just slide it out easily and slide it away just as easily (I would have had it automated so a click of a button was all that was needed):p.

At least one car manufacturer is thinking about dog owners and not acting in surprise when you say you need a certain size of car for dogs to travel in the back. 'What, dogs in our cars', seems to be the normal reaction.

20. steveshanks

If you bought something like this
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Solvit-te...896149?hash=item3f765f4a95:g:cigAAOSwtfhYsZq9
    as long as the ramp closed is smaller than the depth of your boot you could have a pull out ramp......As an example with out to much design thought :) attach a bit of rope to the back seat that is just the right length so when you pull the ramp out and drop it to the floor the rope stops the ramp leaving the car.......to close you would lift and push in, as it hit the back seat it would start to close.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice